Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H7N9, China: Guangdong Poultry samples from market tested positive for birdflu virus (Ifeng/Xinhua, May 20 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H7N9, China: Guangdong Poultry samples from market tested positive for birdflu virus (Ifeng/Xinhua, May 20 2013)

[Source: Ifeng, full text: (LINK). Automatic translation from Chinese.]
    H7N9, China: Guangdong Poultry samples tested positive for birdflu virus

On May 20, 2013 17:05 Source: Xinhua News Agency

China Exclusive: [Guangdong detected an H7N9 avian influenza positive samples] May 20, 2013 - the Information Office of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Disease Prevention and Control Center of Guangdong Province reported that samples form chicken suspected to be birdflu infected, have been confirmed by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory positive for the H7N9 avian influenza.

The samples were collected from Zengcheng City, Guangdong Province Licheng Street, R & F market, the isolates of the H7N9 avian influenza virus strains isolated from pigeons and April 4 highly homologous.
    -
    ------

Re: H7N9, China: Guangdong Poultry samples tested positive for birdflu virus (Ifeng/Xinhua, May 20 2013)

machine translated;

Ministry of Agriculture detected from the Guangdong sample submission to an H7N9 avian influenza positive samples
    Date :2013-05-20 15:12 Author: Source: Information Office of the Ministry of Agriculture

NEEDHAM, Massachusetts, the Ministry of Agriculture Information Office released on May 20, Guangdong Province, animal disease prevention and control center for inspection chicken suspected positive samples for review by the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory confirmed positive for H7N9 avian influenza samples from Guangdong Province by R & F City Licheng Street market, the highly homologous isolates April 4, the H7N9 avian influenza virus strains isolated from pigeons.

Ministry of Agriculture requested the Guangdong strictly do disposal in accordance with the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal H7N9 avian influenza emergency response guide (Trial) ". At the same time, called for further strengthening of the H7N9 avian influenza virus monitoring the implementation of prevention and control measures.

Up to now, the National Avian Influenza Reference Laboratory detected a total of 53 H7N9 avian influenza positive samples.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: H7N9, China: Guangdong Poultry samples from market tested positive for birdflu virus (Ifeng/Xinhua, May 20 2013)

They have closed the wet markets to the sale of poultry yet the virus keeps showing up. Have they not closed all the wet markets?
      Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
      Thank you,
      Shannon Bennett

Comment

Working...
      X