X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 influenza-related deaths in Saskatchewan

Source: http://www.leaderpost.com/health/Sev...533/story.html

Seventh influenza-related death in Saskatchewan
    Health ministry tinkers with vaccination strategy as province?s supply of 280,000 doses almost gone
    By Leader-Post, The Leader-Post January 10, 2014 1:00 PM

...Another death in Saskatchewan has been linked to H1N1.

The health ministry confirmed seven influenza-related deaths as of Friday, and a total of 22 intensive care unit (ICU) hospitalizations and 576 lab-confirmed influenza cases this flu season.

H1N1, which continues to be the predominant strain circulating in Saskatchewan and across Canada...

Re: Five more flu-related deaths in Sask

Five more flu-related deaths in Sask.

REGINA ? Saskatchewan is reporting five more influenza-related deaths, bringing the provincial total to 12 this flu season.

...more

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Leader Post offers information on latest national and international events & more.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: 16 influenza-related deaths in Saskatchewan

16 people now dead after catching flu in Sask.

The provincial government has confirmed that there are now 16 people who have died in Saskatchewan after contracting influenza.

The latest update from the Health Ministry says three-quarters of the fatal cases involved people with underlying health conditions. None had gotten the flu shot this season.

Health officials say the number of deaths is now one higher than the pandemic year of 2009 when H1N1 first appeared in North America.

Regina's Number One News and Information Station - News, Talk, Sports, Traffic, and Weather
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: 18 influenza-related deaths in Saskatchewan

Source: http://www.leaderpost.com/health/Sas...561/story.html

Saskatchewan reports two more flu-related deaths; bring total to 18 this season
        By The Canadian Press, Leader-Post February 21, 2014 11:45 AM

REGINA - Two more flu-related deaths are being reported in Saskatchewan, bringing the total to 18.

That's three more than the 15 deaths reported during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic.

Health officials say the deaths occurred in late December and mid-January, but it took time to confirm that they were flu-related...

Comment

Working...
        X