Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swine Flu Deaths In Ont. Rise To 37: Chief Medical Officer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Swine Flu Deaths In Ont. Rise To 37: Chief Medical Officer

    Swine Flu Deaths In Ont. Rise To 37: Chief Medical Officer

    2009/11/04 | The Canadian Press

    Ontario's chief medical officer of health says the number of people who have died in the province after contracting swine flu has risen to 37.

    That's up from the 33 deaths reported by Dr. Arlene King on Tuesday.

    King added at a briefing Wednesday that 108 people are in hospital.

    There's an increasing number of people showing up at emergency rooms with flu-like symptoms, and King says it shows the importance of people in the priority groups to get a swine flu shot.

    Officials have said the province will run out of regular vaccine by the end of next week, and King says there's no word on when new supplies will arrive or in what quantities.

    She says the 2.2 million doses received so far would not cover the 4.3 million people in the priority groups.

Working...
X