• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bump this

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...t-23-1.6559671

P.E.I. reports 1 new COVID-related death as case count ticks up
      4 people are in hospital due to virus on P.E.I., including 1 in intensive care
      CBC News · Posted: Aug 23, 2022 2:43 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

.E.I. officials say there's been one additional COVID-related death since the province's last weekly update, with the average daily number of new cases going up for the first time in a month.

Data that the Department of Health and Wellness released on Tuesday showed 813 new confirmed COVID-19 cases over the last seven days, with an average of 116 people testing positive per day. That's compared to the previous week, when an average of 81 cases were diagnosed each day.

The person who died since the last report was between the ages of 60 and 79, the provincial update said. That brings P.E.I.'s total number of COVID-related deaths to 53.

Eleven people were in hospital with COVID-19 as of the Aug. 23 update. Four were admitted due to the effects of the virus, and one person was in intensive care because of COVID...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...2022-1.6566856

2 more COVID-related deaths on P.E.I., bringing death toll to 55, province reports
        10 people admitted to hospital due to COVID-19; 1 in ICU
        CBC News · Posted: Aug 30, 2022 3:17 PM AT | Last Updated: 26 minutes ago

P.E.I. is reporting two deaths related to COVID-19 since the last weekly update.

The Department of Health and Wellness said Tuesday one of the individuals was between 60 and 79, and the other was 80 years old or older.

This brings the total number of deaths on P.E.I. related to COVID-19 to 55.

The average number of daily cases has dropped slightly, from 116 last week to 106. The province has seen 740 new cases since last Tuesday.

Twenty-seven people are in hospital with the virus, with 10 having been admitted due to COVID-19. One of those people is in the intensive care unit. Seventeen others were admitted to hospital for other reasons and tested positive on or after admission...

Comment

• bump this

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...date-1.6573675

2 more people with COVID-19 die as number of confirmed cases on P.E.I. drops
            Province confirms 443 new cases in the seven days ending Sept. 6
            CBC News · Posted: Sep 06, 2022 2:59 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

Two people aged 80 or older who came down with COVID-19 died on Prince Edward Island during the past week, according to data provided Tuesday by Health P.E.I.

The two were among 443 newly confirmed cases in the last seven days.

There were 740 cases reported the previous week, including two deaths deemed related to COVID-19.

The latest deaths bring the total number of people on P.E.I. whose deaths have been linked to the coronavirus to 57.

Eight people are in hospital with COVID-19 as of Tuesday's update, including five who were admitted for other reasons and later tested positive. That's down from 27 who were in hospital with COVID-19 the previous week...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...t-13-1.6581410

P.E.I.'s weekly COVID-19 update shows 1 person in ICU, no new deaths
              456 new cases since the Island's previous update, for 7-day average of 65 cases
              CBC News · Posted: Sep 13, 2022 3:26 PM AT | Last Updated: September 13

Prince Edward Island's latest COVID-19 update shows a slight increase in the number of hospitalizations in the past week, but no additional deaths linked to the coronavirus.

A total of 15 people were in hospital with COVID as of Tuesday, Sept. 13, including one person being treated in intensive care.

The province says that person and five others were admitted due to COVID-19, while the other nine were admitted for other reasons but tested positive on or after admission.

In comparison, a total of eight people were in hospital with COVID-19 as of the Sept. 6 update, which itself was a sharp decrease from 27 the previous week...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...date-1.6605818

Island reports 2 more deaths related to COVID-19 in past 2 weeks
                Prince Edward Island now has 320 known active cases, update shows
                Shane Ross · CBC News · Posted: Oct 04, 2022 4:31 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Two people with COVID-19 have died on P.E.I. since the province's last update on Sept. 20, with the Sept. 27 being cancelled because of post-tropical storm Fiona's fallout.

Both people who died were over the age of 80.

Prince Edward Island has confirmed 62 COVID-related deaths over the course of the pandemic, and 52,047 total confirmed cases.

A total of 637 new cases have been confirmed over the past two weeks — 339 from Sept. 20-26 and 298 from Sept. 27-Oct. 3...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...date-1.6612886

P.E.I. reports 63rd death related to COVID-19
                  Number of confirmed cases up from last week
                  Shane Ross · CBC News · Posted: Oct 11, 2022 4:48 PM AT | Last Updated: 5 hours ago

P.E.I. has reported its 63rd death related to COVID-19, a person aged 80 or over.

The death was included in the weekly COVID-19 statistical update by the Department of Health and Wellness.

There were 319 new confirmed cases on P.E.I. over the past seven days, up from 298 the week before...

Comment

• Source: https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...eek-100790318/

Four new COVID-19-related deaths reported in P.E.I. over the past week
                    Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: 5 hours ago | Updated: 4 hours ago | 3 Min Read

CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Health officials in P.E.I. are reporting four new COVID-19-related deaths over the past week while the number of people hospitalized with the virus dropped in half.

The four people who died were all over the age of 80. The new deaths bring the provincial pandemic death toll to 71.

There are 13 people in hospital with COVID-19, down from 26 reported last week. Two people were admitted because of the virus, and 11 others were admitted for other reasons and tested COVID-positive on or after admission...

Comment

• Source: https://www.saltwire.com/halifax/new...eek-100792677/

Two new COVID-19-related deaths reported in P.E.I. over the past week
                      Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: 2 hours ago | Updated: 2 hours ago | 1 Min Read

CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Health officials in P.E.I. are reporting two new COVID-19-related deaths over the past week.

The two people who died were all over the age of 80. The new deaths bring the provincial pandemic death toll to 73.

There are 11 people in hospital with COVID-19, down from 13 reported last week. Two people were admitted because of the virus, and nine others were admitted for other reasons and tested COVID-positive on or after admission.

Public Health also reported 213 new cases of COVID-19 since last week's pandemic update, meaning the province has found an average of 30 cases per day over the past seven days.

Last week there were 267 cases of COVID-19 found in the province...

Comment

• Source: https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...-15-100795512/

Two new COVID-19-related deaths reported in P.E.I. on Tuesday, Nov. 15
                        Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: 30 minutes ago | Updated: 19 minutes ago | 1 Min Read

CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. —

Health officials in P.E.I. are reporting two new COVID-19-related deaths over the past week.

The new deaths bring the provincial pandemic death toll to 75.

Six people were hospitalized as a result of COVID-19 over the past week...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...data-1.6660442

P.E.I. reports 1 COVID-related death in past week
                          Number of positive cases remains stable
                          CBC News · Posted: Nov 22, 2022 4:00 PM AT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Prince Edward Island is reporting one death related to COVID-19 over the past week, the 76th during the course of the pandemic.

The weekly data, provided Tuesday by the Department of Health and Wellness, shows there were 217 new cases of COVID-19, almost on par with last week. There were four people with COVID-19 in hospital...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...-rsv-1.6672045

Flu worse than COVID-19 on P.E.I. right now, says Morrison
                            Chief Public Health Officer advises caution as respiratory viruses spread
                            CBC News · Posted: Dec 02, 2022 12:24 PM AT | Last Updated: 6 hours ago

The isolation requirement for those who test positive for COVID-19 in Prince Edward Island was lifted on Dec.1, but Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Heather Morrison says other respiratory viruses are still spreading.

"We want Islanders to take all respiratory illnesses seriously," she said.

"We want to decrease the rate of transmission, not just of COVID."

Morrison said while the number of COVID-19 cases on the Island has been decreasing, cases of RSV and influenza are on the rise. In the last week of November, the positivity rate for influenza tests in the province reached almost 33 per cent, while the positivity rate for COVID-19 tests was around 22 per cent. During that time, there were four new hospitalizations due to influenza...

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...date-1.6675952

2 more COVID deaths, flu activity 'above expected levels' on P.E.I., Health Department says
                              Number of confirmed flu cases almost doubled over the past week
                              Shane Ross · CBC News · Posted: Dec 06, 2022 2:14 PM AT | Last Updated: 28 minutes ago

Two more people with COVID-19 have died on P.E.I. and flu activity is higher than normal on the Island, according to the Department of Health and Wellness.

For the week ending Dec. 3, there were 70 lab-confirmed cases of influenza, up from 39 the week before.

"There was widespread flu activity in P.E.I. during Week 48," according to a summary on the government website. "Flu activity is above expected levels for this time of year."

As of Tuesday, there were 11 hospitalizations related to the flu, up from four the previous week....

Comment

Working...
                              X