Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Georgia - Coronavirus doctor isolating himself from family when at home - the sacrifice health care workers make for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia - Coronavirus doctor isolating himself from family when at home - the sacrifice health care workers make for us

Rachel Patzer, PhD
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    My spouse is a physician in the emergency dept, and is actively treating #coronavirus patients. We just made the difficult decision for him to isolate & move into our garage apartment for the foreseeable future as he continues to treat patients. (1/5)
    9:35 PM ? Mar 16, 2020 from Atlanta, GA?Twitter for iPhone
    Retweets
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    ?
    49m
    Replying to
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    We have a 3 wk old newborn and 2 young kids and just can’t risk it. It pains me to wonder how many weeks will go by that he won’t get to hold our new baby or see our older kids. This is one example of the sacrifice that healthcare workers are making for our communities. (2/5)
    Rachel Patzer, PhD
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    ?
    49m
    As I attempt to home school my kids (alone) with a new baby who screams if she isn’t held, I am worried about the health of my spouse and my family. This was not how I envisioned my maternity leave, but I know things could be worse. (3/5)
    Rachel Patzer, PhD
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    ?
    49m
    It is difficult to see pictures of all the people at bars and restaurants, socializing, making play dates, and ignoring social distancing recommendations when I know my husband and many other healthcare workers are risking their lives to treat more sick patients. (4/5)
    Rachel Patzer, PhD
    @RachelPatzerPhD
    ?
    49m
    Please, take this #pandemic seriously. I hope the projections of infections and serious cases are incorrect. If not, our healthcare system will be overloaded. And already we are seeing the strain. Please thank a healthcare worker for what they are doing and sacrificing. (5/5)
Working...
X