Updated to August 20th;

Total Fatalities: 8,582
    Cumulative hospitalizations: 395,627
    Cumulative cases: 706,050

So far in 2014;
    Fatalities: 51
    Hospitalizations: 5,701
    Cases: 9,229

Disclaimer: Official counts are likely a fraction of the actual numbers of cases and fatalities.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 51 fatalities

Updated to August 27th;

Total Fatalities: 8,584
      Cumulative hospitalizations: 395,820
      Cumulative cases: 706,291

So far in 2014;
      Fatalities: 53
      Hospitalizations: 5,894
      Cases: 9,470

Disclaimer: Official counts are likely a fraction of the actual numbers of cases and fatalities.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 53 fatalities

MINISTRY OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND POPULATION
        Office of the Minister
        Port-au-Prince, October 6, 2014
        PRESS NOTE

Epidemiological situation of suspected cases of cholera and fever
        in the Central Department
        The Ministry of Public Health and Population (MSPP) has the duty to inform the entire population
        Haitian Cholera on the situation and cases of fevers in the Central Department from data
        collected October 4, 2014.
        During this year, the Health Department Centre (DSC) has reported 2265 cases of acute diarrhea or
        suspected cholera with 15 deaths and 1,362 hospitalized. The trend of cases was still stationary. however,
        for the week of September 14 to 21, there were 70 cases of which 59 were hospitalized and seen 2 deaths; from 21 to 27
        September 177 cases of cholera were reported including 152 hospitalized with 3 deaths and 29 September to 4 October
        141 cholera cases including 120 hospitalized and zero deaths. For the week of September 21 to 27, 2014, the common
        Hinche, Cerca Carvajal, Cerca La Source, and Mirebalais Thomassique were placed on red alert, because they
        notified 162 of the 177 total cases in the Central Plateau. They were kept on high alert of 29 September to 4
        October for reported and 127 of the 141 cases reported. Areas of contamination were clearly
        identified as the area of ​​the source and the Rhoda around the mouth of the river Samana, both
        located in the outskirts of Hinche.
        Since the beginning of September to date 1,380 cases of fever were reported for the whole department.
        Of these cases, 645 diagnosed in the last 3 weeks to coincide with outbreaks of cholera, among
        them, 188 cases of typhoid fever, including 16 operated for typhoid perforation peritonitis at Ste Therese
        Hinche from the metropolis of the Central Department. The only recorded death was a suspected case of dengue
        investigation by the National Public Health Laboratory. Other cases of fever are of various origins as
        Chikungunya, Malaria, and other infectious diseases and water-borne or viral causes.
        Also for cases of cholera, Dinepa working alongside the MSPP to solve the problem
        drinking water at the source of contamination promoting a return to normal in
        most affected department of the Centre, the town of Hinche areas.
        Compared with fever whose thrust of typhoid, the origin being also f?calo-oral actions
        previous supply of drinking water will improve the situation.
        Specimens are in the National Public Health Laboratory and the results will certainly
        communicated to the general public.

The Ministry of Health continues to work with determination to fulfill its
        mission of Saving Lives.
        Dr. Florence Guillaume D.
        minister

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 58 fatalities

Updated to October 26th;

Total Fatalities: 8,646
          Cumulative hospitalizations: 400,103
          Cumulative cases: 711,442

So far in 2014;
          Fatalities: 115
          Hospitalizations: 10,177
          Cases: 14,621

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 115 fatalities

Updated to November 21st;

Total Fatalities: 8,721
            Cumulative hospitalizations: 404,371
            Cumulative cases: 717,203

So far in 2014;
            Fatalities: 190
            Hospitalizations: 14,445
            Cases: 20,382

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 190 fatalities

Source: http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-12...ted-cases.html

Haiti - Cholera : Peak in the number of suspected cases...
              27/11/2014 11:15:55

Haiti - Cholera : Peak in the number of suspected cases...
              According to the latest figures from the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs of the UN (OCHA), the cholera epidemic in Haiti has generated 712.330 suspected or proven since its inception in October 2010, and an estimated 8,655 deaths (figures from the Ministry of Public Health and population (MSPP)) from October 2010 to 31 October 2014. From January 1 to October 31, 2014, 14.869 cases suspected or proven and 132 deaths have been recorded by the MSPP.

While an increase in suspected cholera cases is expected since the beginning of the rainy season in April 2014, only 358 suspected cholera cases and one death were reported for the West Department in September 2014 (compared to 1,574 suspected cholera cases and 8 deaths in September 2013).

However, a very significant increase in cholera incidence has been observed in the metropolitan areas of Port-au-Prince and its surroundings since late September, in a context of heavy and delayed rainfall...

Comment

Re: Haiti Cholera 2014, 190 fatalities

Updated to December 8th;

Total Fatalities: 8,774
                Cumulative hospitalizations: 407,147
                Cumulative cases: 720,524

So far in 2014;
                Fatalities: 243
                Hospitalizations: 17,221
                Cases: 23,703

Comment

Updated to December 31st;

Total Fatalities: 8,818
                  Cumulative hospitalizations: 411,565
                  Cumulative cases: 726,212

In 2014;
                  Fatalities: 317
                  Hospitalizations: 21,639
                  Cases: 29,391

Comment

Working...
                  X