• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Zimbabwe: Covid-19 cases - 7,479 cases; 224 deaths

Source: https://www.voaafrique.com/a/la-jus...rnalistes-couvrir-le-confinement/5380787.html

Justice orders Zimbabwe police to allow journalists to cover containment
4 hours ago
AFP


A Zimbabwean court ordered police on Monday to stop arresting or preventing journalists from covering the containment measures imposed on the 16 million people in this southern African country to fight the coronavirus.

A Zimbabwean court ordered police on Monday to stop arresting or preventing journalists from covering the containment measures imposed on the 16 million people in this southern African country to fight the coronavirus.

The Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) and journalist Panashe Makufa had taken legal action following a series of incidents between the police and the media, including arrests and harassment over the validity of press cards ...

... According to the authorities' latest report, 25 cases of Covid-19 contamination, including three fatal, have been officially registered in Zimbabwe.
 
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...ine-guidelines
Speaking at a news conference streamed on social media, Moyo said the Cabinet has decided to reduce the quarantine period to seven days.

“And if they are found to be positive they will be sent to an isolation center. And if they are found to be negative they will be released. It decongests the facilities,” said Moyo.
An armed soldier turns away a vehicle during lockdown in Harare, Zimbabwe, April 13, 2020, in an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
That might be good news for returning Zimbabwean citizens, who have been complaining on social media about squalid quarantine centers which reportedly do not have running water.

Health experts see this move as dangerous. Dr. Alex Gasasira, the head of the World Health Organization in Zimbabwe, is urging those released to self-quarantine to minimize the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Zimbabwe has 29 confirmed cases. Four people have died.
 
https://allafrica.com/stories/202004240337.html

By Daniel Nemukuyu and Masimba Mavaza

At least 29 Zimbabweans living in Britain have died of COVID-19, mostly nurses and other medical staff, according to the Zimbabwean Embassy in London.

The pandemic has so far killed at least 18 738 in Britain, while in Zimbabwe four have died.

Britain is one of the countries hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a statement, the Embassy said while it had no official figures it "has been able to gather information from the Diaspora community and religious leaders, cluster leaders, affected individuals and the media, on Zimbabweans who have passed on due to COVID-19"
...snip
 
Source: https://www.newzimbabwe.com/zimbabwes-covid-19-cases-rise-to-31/

Zimbabwe’s COVID-19 Cases Rise To 31
26th April 2020 Coronavirus Zimbabwe & Diaspora, Top Story
By Mary Taruvinga

ZIMBABWE’S COVID-19 confirmed cases have further risen, with the Ministry of Health reporting three people tested positive Saturday for the infectious disease.

One of the cases is from Harare while two are in Mashonaland West province.

No further details were given about the three new cases, except that two of them were local transmissions from Mashonaland West.

The late Gogo Nguni, mother to former government minister, Sylvester Nguni died from coronavirus last week and was from Mhondoro in Mashonaland West...
 
Source: https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2020/05/02/covid-19-zimbabwe-slashes-number-cases-retests/

Covid-19: Zimbabwe slashes number of cases again after retests
May 2, 2020 in Local, News
Zimbabwe has again revised downwards the number of its Covid-19 cases following what it described as testing blunders that affected six people in the capital Harare.
BY STAFF REPORTER

According to the latest update by the Ministry of Health and Child Care, the six people that had tested positive for the flu-like disease on Wednesday have since tested negative following retests.

The ministry had announced on Friday that it ordered fresh tests after it noticed “unusual clustering” of cases.

“The ministry would like to report that results of the quality assurance process instituted following an unusual clustering of six cases that were reported as positive from Harare on April 29, 2020, have confirmed that all of them were negative for Covid-19,” reads part of the update issued late on Friday night.

“Therefore, to date, Zimbabwe still has 34 confirmed Covid-19 cases and not 40 as previously reported...
 
Source: https://reliefweb.int/report/zimbabwe/zimbabwe-situation-report-7-may-2020

Zimbabwe Situation Report, 7 May 2020

Source: OCHA
Posted: 7 May 2020
Originally published: 7 May 2020

HIGHLIGHTS

The first imported COVID-19 case was reported on 21 March 2020 and local transmission started on 24 March. As of 5 May, 34 COVID-19 cases were confirmed, including four deaths.
A malaria outbreak, with over 226 deaths reported since 1 January 2020 throughout the country, creates an additional burden to an already fragile health system.
Over 2 million people received food or cash assistance in April. Distributions were delayed due to the implementation of COVID-19 protection measures.
The number of children treated for acute malnutrition reduced from 1,989 in January to 1,852 in February and 1,708 in March in the entire country.
The national GBV Hotline recorded 1,273 GBV calls since the beginning of the lockdown on 30 March with an overall increase of over 100 per cent compared to pre-lockdown trends...
 
Back
Top