• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Zimbabwe: Covid-19 cases - 7,479 cases; 224 deaths

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.zimlive.com/2020/03/08/m...mbabwe-admits/

Mutare woman’ who died after coronavirus referral was Chinese, Zimbabwe admits
After a day of misinformation, government forced to concede woman who caused coronavirus panic at hospital was Chinese
ByMduduzi Mathuthu
11:37, 08 Mar 2020

BULAWAYO – A woman who died on Friday after being flagged as a potential coronavirus patient was a Chinese national, the government admitted on Sunday after persistent questions from ZimLive.

Health minister Obadiah Moyo declined to answer our questions around the nationality of the woman and her diagnosis on Saturday, hours before the ministry of information issued a statement describing her as a “Mutare woman”.

On Sunday, government spokesman Nick Mangagwa, after initially stating that he was “not aware” of and “not interested” in the woman’s nationality, finally admitted: “I believe she is Oriental, there’s a big chance she’s Chinese.”

The apparent attempts to cover-up circumstances surrounding the woman’s death, and the fact that she is Chinese, will alarm Zimbabweans who have been critical of the government’s reluctance to impose restrictions on travel between China and Zimbabwe in the wake of the fast spreading epidemic.

Sources had told ZimLive how the woman was wheeled into the West End Clinic in Harare at around 11AM on Friday by her husband “looking very sick.” Some nurses and patients apparently ran away and hid in a room.

A doctor who saw her advised her husband to take her to Wilkins Hospital, the infectious diseases facility in Harare which is at the centre of the government’s plans to contain the virus. She died before she could reach the hospital...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Source: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/zimbabwe-reports-first-covid-19-case/1773705



Zimbabwe reports first COVID-19 case
Male, 38, resident traveled to UK, returned through South Africa, says health minister
John Cassim | 21.03.2020

HARARE, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe announced Friday the country's first COVID-19 case.

The male, 38, from the tourist town of Victoria Falls, traveled March 7 to the U.K. and returned March 15 through South Africa, said Health Minister Obadiah Moyo.

"This evening, Friday, March 20, 2020, the National Reference Laboratory at Sally Mugabe Central Hospital confirmed that a suspected case of COVID-19 has tested positive,” Moyo said in a televised address. "This is the first COVID-19 in Zimbabwe,"

Zimbabwe, earlier this week, said a British tourist who visited Victoria Falls but tested positive for the virus known as COVID-19 upon return to the U.K...
 
ZIMBABWE REPORTS FIRST CORONAVIRUS DEATH
Zororo Makamba was confirmed positive with the virus on Saturday.


AFP | 13 minutes ago
HARARE - Zimbabwe’s second coronavirus patient, a 30-year-old man, has died in the capital Harare, state broadcaster said Monday.

"The Minister of Health and Child Care, Dr Obadiah Moyo has confirmed the death of Zororo Makamba, who was the second person to test positive for Covid-19 in Zimbabwe," the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation tweeted.
...
https://ewn.co.za/2020/03/23/zimbabwe-reports-first-coronavirus-death
 
Source: https://africafeeds.com/2020/03/24/...-of-covid-19-had-no-water-used-bucket-toilet/

Zimbabwean journalist who died of Covid-19 had no water, used bucket toilet
by Isaac Kaledzi
March 24, 2020

It has emerged that the Zimbabwean journalist, Zororo Makamba who died of Coronavirus was isolated in terrible conditions.

Makamba had no water and proper lavatory facilities and resorted to using a bucket as a toilet.

He also kept telling friends and family members that he was alone and scared and health staff refused to help him.

Zimbabwe’s Health and Child Care Minister Dr Obadiah Moyo confirmed the death of the journalist on Monday...
 
Source: https://www.reportfocusnews.com/2020/03/25/zimbabwe-health-workers-down-tools-amid-covid-19/



Zimbabwe Health Workers Down Tools Amid Covid-19
By Elton Mupauka on March 25, 2020

Zimbabwe medical doctors and nurses have downed tools claiming lack of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) needed in the fight against Covid-19.

The Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association president, Dr. Tawanda Zvakada has said.

“Pursuant to the meeting we had on Monday 23 March 2020. In which we communicated to you our genuine grievances and expressed our fears concerning this deadly pandemic which has not spared healthcare workers as well.

“We expected an urgent response in writing from your office which has not come up until now. We have expressed to you the issue of PPE which is still not yet available. The way in which the Hospital is to be functioning still remains vague,” said Dr. Zvakada in a statement

Zvakada said the current conditions did not permit normal service delivery...

...Zimbabwe has recorded three cases of the deadly virus and with one confirmed death.
 
Zimbabwe - Coronavirus (COVID-19): Update: 25 March 2020


The number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country remains at three
HARARE, Zimbabwe, March 25, 2020/APO Group/ --

Following the report of the third confirmed case of COVID-19 we gave yesterday, the Ministry would like to advise the nation that this third patient is a 52-year-old male resident of Harare who had travelled to Dubai and returned on the 15th March 2020. He presented at Wilkins Hospital with a history of cough with no fever. He was diagnosed positive for COVID-I9 yesterday and is currently being managed under self-quarantine. He had no contact with the now deceased second case. Our learns are now engaged in contact tracing being assisted by the patient himself.

The Ministry continues to be on HIGH alert to the COVID- I 9 pandemic.

To date, the number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country remains at three.
Number of COVID-19 tests conducted by the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory to date and the results:
 
Source: https://www.newsday.co.zw/2020/03/zimbabwe-confirms-fifth-covid-19-case/

Zimbabwe confirms fifth COVID-19 case
Zimbabwe now has five coronavirus cases (COVID-19), with only one fatality still recorded, the Health ministry has announced.
By Staff Reporter

But the staggering statistic is that the country has only carried out 165 tests and this could explain why only a few cases have tested positive.

The ministry further said one of the patients had been admitted for treatment under isolation at the Beatrice Infectious Diseases Hospital in Harare.

“He remains in a stable condition and is assisting our teams in intensified surveillance through contact tracing,” the ministry said...
 
Source: https://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/202...navirus-lockdown-amid-severe-economic-crisis/

Zimbabweans enter coronavirus lockdown amid severe economic crisis
By Reuters
March 30, 2020

HARARE (Reuters) – Zimbabwe began a 21-day nationwide lockdown on Monday, following neighbour South Africa in implementing some of the world’s toughest anti-coronavirus measures likely to hurt an economy already suffering hyperinflation and food shortages.

But unlike in South Africa, where many citizens defied calls to stay indoors with some clashing with security forces at the weekend, Zimbabweans mostly stayed home. The country has recorded just seven cases and one death.

Central Harare’s streets were deserted. Banks, government offices and businesses were shut. Zimbabwean police, who have a reputation for brutality, manned checkpoints on highways into Harare and questioned the few motorists, a Reuters reporter saw...
 
Source: https://theunionjournal.com/zimbabw...ols-over-lack-of-protective-coronavirus-gear/


Zimbabwe doctors and nurses down tools over lack of protective coronavirus gear

By Miriam Jackson-

April 1, 2020



Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association representative Tapiwa Zvakada stated doctors will certainly not return to job up until the federal government offers the correct gear they require for their security while dealing with people throughout the episode.
“We have decided to withdraw our services to allow for the administration to get requisite PPEs. We cannot continue to work without this. We also call upon the authorities to discuss with us the risk allowances because we are not spared by this disease,” Zvakada.
Zimbabwe has actually videotaped 3 situations of Covid-19, and one of the people– a preferred broadcaster Zororo Makamba passed away on Monday at the Wilkins Infectious Diseases healthcare facility in Harare...

*******************

Source: http://gnnliberia.com/2020/04/01/zimbabwes-mnangagwa-tests-positive-to-covid-19/


Zimbabwe’s Mnangagwa tests positive to Covid-19
April 1, 2020 Cholo Brooks The World

HARARE – Zimbabwean President Emerson Mnangagwa is said to have tested positive coronavirus highly placed sources said last night.

A family spokesm last night said the 77 year old has now gone into treatment.

Last week, Mnangagwa was seen sitting next to Botswana President Mokgweetsi Masisi who has since placed him on self-quarantine after a visit to neighbouring Namibia.

The funnyman then came down with the virus on Sunday when he started sweating while watching TV at his state residence in Harare. This was after he had a tour of the complex with VP Chiwenga and his Chinese counterparts the previous day...
 
https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...id-19-lockdown
Nelson Mahunde, 70, trudges along the deserted streets of Harare’s central business district to collect his monthly pension.

In one hand, he clutches a pension letter; with the other, he hold on firmly to his walking stick.

The frail Mahunde has travelled from Murehwa, about 100km from Harare, to collect the meagre amount of money, equivalent to $10 (?8).

To his dismay, the bank is closed.

He pleads with the security guard to withdraw enough cash for his bus fare, but the ATM has no money. Mahunde is turned away.

The 70-year old had no idea Zimbabwe has been plunged into a 21-day national lockdown to curb the spread of Covid 19. The country has eight confirmed cases, and one death. The popular television journalist Zororo Makamba died last week.
 
Source: http://gnnliberia.com/2020/04/08/as...s-nationwide-address-today/?pr=110511&lang=en

Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Update: 08 April 2020
Language: en
|
Date: 2020-04-08 19:36:25
|
The Ministry would like to report that the ninth patient deceased today under admission in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Wilkins Hospital
HARARE, Zimbabwe, April 8, 2020/APO Group/ --

The Ministry would like to report that today, the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory tested 18 samples. All of them tested negative for COVID-19.

Therefore, to date, Zimbabwe has eleven confirmed cases of COVID-19.

The Ministry however would like to report that the ninth patient deceased today under admission in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Wilkins Hospital. He was a 50?year-old male resident of Harare, who had travelled to the United Kingdom and returned home on the 21st of March 2020. He started exhibiting mild symptoms and alerted the local COVID-I9 Rapid Response Team on the 1st of April 2020, which went to assess him at home and collected samples for testing...
 
Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2020-04/11/content_75919091.htm

Number of COVID-19 cases in Zimbabwe rises to 13
Xinhua, April 11, 2020

HARARE, April 10 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Zimbabwe has risen to 13 after two more people tested positive for the virus, the Ministry of Health and Child Care said Friday.

The new cases involved two 21-year-old male residents of Harare who recently traveled from Britain together with another COVID-19 patient who was diagnosed on Monday, the ministry said in an update...
 
Source: https://www.zimeye.net/2020/04/13/549-test-negative-for-coronavirus-in-zim/

549 Test Negative For Coronavirus In Zim
April 13, 2020
The Ministry would like to report that the five outstanding results from yesterday were negative for COV1D-19.

Today, the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory tested 10 samples, and all were negative for COVID-19.
Additionally, the Ministry would like to advise that the National TB Reference Laboratory in Bulawayo tested 6 samples today. All were negative for COV1D-19. Therefore, to date, Zimbabwe has fourteen confirmed cases including three deaths...
 
Back
Top