• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Yemen - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 37 (9/5)

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Jordan, Qatar, Yemen identify first H1N1 flu cases

16 Jun 2009 13:07:55 GMT

Source: Reuters

* Yemen says student returning from U.S. first case

* Two Jordanian girls being treated

* Qatar says two young children infected

(Adds Yemen case, paragraph 3)

AMMAN, June 16 (Reuters) - Jordan, Qatar and Yemen have identified their first cases of the H1N1 flu virus in five young patients who had recently arrived from the United States and Austria.

Qatar had detected its first cases in a two-year-old boy from New Zealand who had arrived from Austria on Saturday and a two-and-half-year old American boy who had arrived from New York via Bangladesh on Sunday, the state news agency said.

A Yemeni student who had returned from the United States was confirmed as Yemen's first case of the H1N1 flu, Yemeni Health Minister Abdul-Karim Rase told Reuters.

Jordan had detected the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu, in two girls who had recently arrived from the United States, the Jordanian health minister said.

"We discovered two cases yesterday. Two Jordanian girls, an 11-year-old and a 17-year-old, who were both in the United States and had arrived last week," Health Minister Nayef al-Fayez told a news conference.

The patients in all three countries were being treated and recovering, officials said.

The H1N1 virus emerged in April in the United States and Mexico, and has spread internationally, with cases appearing in several countries in the Middle East including Egypt, Morocco, Israel, the Palestinian territories, and Lebanon.
Flu cases have also been found in several Gulf Arab states: Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain.

H1N1, a mixture of swine, bird and human viruses, has killed 165 people and infected over 37,000, according to the World Health Organisation's latest tallies. (Reporting by Suleiman al-Khalidi in Amman, Dania Saadi in Dubai, and Mohamed Sudam in Sanaa; Editing by Louise Ireland)

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LG298646.htm
 
Re: Yemen - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 5?

Re: Yemen - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 5?

Source: http://www.sabanews.net/en/news186770.htm

Yemen announces on four new cases infected with Swine Flu
[17 June 2009]

SANA'A, June 17 (Saba)- Ministry of Public Health and Population announced Wednesday on finding new four cases infected with Swine Flu.

Minister of Public Health and Population Abdul-Karim Rase'a stated to 26spetermeber.net, the new four infections of Swine Flu are among the same group of students coming back from the United States form which yesterday case was discovered in Aden.

He made it clear that the new cases are four students, two in Sana'a and two in Aden, indicating that his ministry has started testing all 32 students coming from training course in the United Sates.

The infected cases have been given necessary medications and that their health conditions are stable, said Rase'a. He noted the infected have been instructed on ways of infection with the virus to contain the spread of the disease.

He also indicated that testes cover all people lived with infected persons after their return. He affirmed that the virus is under control and that the infected cases are recovering, so there is no fear of exaggeration.

MA
 
Re: Yemen - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 37 (9/5)

Swine flu gains momentum in Yemen


[06/September/2009]

SANA'A, Sep. 05 (Saba) -Yemen has reported a further three swine flu cases, bringing the total number of the confirmed cases in the country to 37.

Lately, there were more announcements of H1N1 cases and this was due to infection.

Most of the reported cases were said to have recovered, with only one death from the flu registered.

http://www.sabanews.net/en/news193079.htm
 
Back
Top