• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Vietnam-Expert warns of rising risk of food poisoning outbreak

Treyfish

Moderator
Updated April, 14 2010 09:46:54
Email Print


<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> if (198648 <= 194673) $("#pTitle").css("display", "none"); </SCRIPT>HA NOI ? The Ministry of Health has warned about the high risk of acute diarrhoea outbreaks in many areas of Viet Nam during the summer.
"The nation is facing a high risk of an acute diarrhoea outbreak, especially in rural areas or where food does not meet safety standards," said Nguyen Huy Nga, Director of the Preventive Medicine and Environment Department on Monday.
Nga's statement came after his department reported on Monday that a patient, who was suffering from acute diarrhoea, was being treated in Bac Ninh Province. There have also been reported cases in Ha Noi, HCM City and An Giang.
The 50-year-old patient from Luong Tai District, Bac Ninh Province ate pig's blood pudding only a few days before experiencing diarrhoea symptoms.:coffee:
Local health authorities said that the patient has recovered, but his home is being quarantined.
The HCM City's Pasteur Institute also said that there were four acute diarrhoea patients in Districts 8 and 5 last week. The city's health authorities said that they have not discovered the source of the infection.
Health authorities recommended people to continue to practice personal hygiene, eat cooked food and drink water that had been boiled to prevent the spread of acute diarrhoea. ? VNS:tiphat:http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/...f-rising-risk-of-food-poisoning-outbreak.html
 
Back
Top