• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Vietnam: Covid-19 - 1,059 cases, 35 deaths?

[h=1]Vietnamese London resident is 32nd Covid-19 patient[/h]
By Le Phuong March 10, 2020 | 12:33 pm GMT+7 [h=2]A 24-year-old woman who'd met Hanoi's first Covid-19 infection in London is infected with the novel coronavirus, the Health Ministry confirmed Tuesday.[/h]
The woman, who lives in London, flew to Saigon in a private jet Monday and has been placed under treatment at HCMC Hospital of Tropical Diseases.

The unnamed woman, Vietnam’s 32nd Covid-19 infection, had met Nguyen Hong Nhung in London on February 27. Nhung is the 26-year-old Hanoian who became the capital city’s first Covid-19 patient last Friday.


On March 2, the unnamed woman developed a cough, but didn’t have a fever. She was admitted to a hospital in London for treatment. On March 7, she started coughing a lot, but still had no fever. After hearing about Nhung being infected with the novel coronavirus, she returned to the hospital and informed doctors about her contact history. The London hospital required her to be isolated at home but no Covid-19 test was done...:tiphat:https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietnamese-london-resident-is-32nd-covid-19-patient-4067042.html
 
[h=1]:tiphat:#33
He Was Ordered to Be in Quarantine. He Sent His Employee Instead.
[/h] Tuesday, 10 March 2020. Written by Saigoneer. LTH, the chairman of a wind power company, was on Vietnam Airlines flight 1547 from Hanoi to Hue on March 6, along with two confirmed Covid-19 patients.

On the night of March 8, the authorities of Quang Tri Province notified four people, including LTH, that they would be placed under quarantine. The group works for the wind power company in question, Tuoi Tre reports. The four employees were picked up to be sent to a hospital on the same day.

On the following day, March 9, officials discovered that LTH was not among the four people brought to the hospital. Instead, one of H’s employees, who wasn’t on the flight, had been sent instead.


“When he was demanded to be quarantined, [the chairman] ordered his employee to go instead of himself. When government authorities found out, he [the chairman] has come forward and agreed to be quarantined,” a police official in Quang Tri told Zing in Vietnamese.

The five people are now being kept in isolation, including the employee that replaced LTH.

At the time of writing, Vietnam has also announced three new cases, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases to 33...:tiphat:https://saigoneer.com/vietnam-news/...be-in-quarantine-he-sent-his-employee-instead
 
Vietnam tags 110 new Covid-19 suspects in one day


By Thuy An March 10, 2020 | 04:19 pm GMT+7 Vietnam has 210 people tagged on suspicion of contracting the novel coronavirus as of Tuesday morning, up 110 from the day before.


The number of new suspects since early March has ranged from 70 to 100 cases a day. A suspected person shows symptoms of cough, fever or shortness of breath, and has a history of travel from or through epidemic-stricken areas or has had come into close contact with an infected patient. Suspected persons are subject to compulsory isolation in hospitals specialized in treating Covid-19.

As of Tuesday, the country had 20,075 people placed under medical monitoring, either at home, military camps or certain general hospitals, up nearly 2,000 against the previous day.

Most of these people are in the major cities of Hanoi, HCMC, Da Nang and Can Tho....:tiphat:https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vi...y-4067059.html
 
[h=1]Hai Phong to isolate six localities as novel coronavirus inflicts mayhem[/h]
By Phan Anh, Giang Chinh, Le Phuong March 10, 2020 | 05:30 pm GMT+7 [h=2]Two communes in northern Vietnam port city Hai Phong would be put under lockdown, bringing the total to six, the city chairman confirmed Monday.[/h]
Viet Hai and Gia Luan Communes in Cat Hai District would be put under lockdown as one of Vietnam's 32 Covid-19 patients, a 66-year-old British woman, visited both areas on March 5 after landing at Hanoi's Noi Bai Airport on March 2, said Nguyen Van Tung, chairman of Hai Phong People's Committee.

The British tourist was one among 10 infected foreigners on the Vietnam Airlines VN54 flight with 26-year-old Nguyen Hong Nhung, ...

The lockdown started on Monday but the authorities have not decided when it would end.

Additionally, Cat Ba Island of Cat Hai District, about 20 km from the coast and a popular destination, would stop receiving tourists beginning Tuesday to prevent the disease from potentially spreading, said Tung. Checkpoints would be erected at Cat Hai ports and entry points from Tuesday for the same purpose, he added.

Previously, Hai Phong had already put four residential areas under lockdown after several locals were found to have traveled on the same VN0054 flight with Nhung. The localities are Tan Lap Street in Duong Kinh District, Tran Van Lan Street in Hai An District, Trai Village in Thuy Nguyen District and Alley 132 of An Da Street in Ngo Quyen District.

Over 4,500 people across these areas have either been forced to stay put or have had their movements restricted to prevent the possible spread of Covid-19, with barricades and checkpoints erected to control exit and entry....:tiphat:https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/h...ovel-coronavirus-inflicts-mayhem-4067048.html
 
Source: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/t...ions-detected-in-central-vietnam-4067820.html


Three new Covid-19 infections detected in central Vietnam
By Chi Le March 11, 2020 | 06:12 pm GMT+7

A helper, an employee and a daughter-in-law of a businesswoman who tested Covid-19 positive after returning from the U.S. are Vietnam’s latest infections.

With the latest three cases in the central province of Binh Thuan, the country's total infection number has gone up to 38, the Ministry of Health confirmed Wednesday.

After the 51-year-old businesswoman, the country's 34th infection, tested positive, the Center for Disease Control in Binh Thuan took samples from 15 people who’d come into direct contact with her. Three tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

The three latest cases are: a 64-year-old house helper for the patient's family, a 37-year-old employee of her company and her 28-year-old daughter-in-law. All three showed symptoms of fever and cough and are being quarantined at the Binh Thuan's General Hospital...
 
[h=1]Coronavirus Update: Vietnam’s Cases Rise to 39; Patients' Health Improves[/h] Thursday, 12 March 2020.
Nine new coronavirus cases in Vietnam have been confirmed within the last three days.

On March 9, Vietnam’s 31[SUP]st[/SUP] Covid-19 case was announced. The patient is a 49-year-old British man who was on the same London-Hanoi flight as NHN, the high-profile first new case in Vietnam after weeks of no new patients. Case 32 is a 24-year-old Vietnamese woman who is friends with Case 17, and the 33[SUP]rd[/SUP] case is another British man.

On March 10, the Ministry of Health confirmed the county’s 34[SUP]th[/SUP] patient, DTLT, a 51-year-old Vietnamese businesswoman. Case 34 is not linked to the London-Hanoi flight.

T traveled to New York from Saigon on February 22 via Incheon International Airport in South Korea. She flew back on February 29 from Washington DC, transiting in Qatar before arriving at Tan Son Nhat Airport on March 2, according to Sai Gon Giai Phong.

T then took a car to Phan Thiet in Binh Thuan Province, and three days later came down with a fever and cough. During the time she was in Binh Thuan, she came into contact with family members and employees.

On March 11, the Binh Thuan provincial Ministry of Health announced three new cases linked to Case 34, making the province more vulnerable to future infections. One is T’s housemaid, one is her employee and the third patient is her daughter-in-law. The four patients are receiving treatment at the provincial hospital.

In response, the health ministry has sent an urgent s..:tiphat:https://saigoneer.com/saigon-health...m’s-cases-rise-to-39-patients-health-improves
 
[h=1]Five more coronavirus infections confirmed in central Vietnam province[/h]
By Le Nga March 12, 2020 | 06:09 pm GMT+7 [h=2]Five people who had direct contact with an infected woman in Binh Thuan were confirmed infected on Thursday, raising the province's number of cases to nine and the country's to 44.[/h]
The five new cases were the 59-year-old husband, 28-year-old son, two-year-old grandaughter, an in-law and a 12-year-old neighbor boy of the businesswoman who tested positive after a trip back to Washington D.C.

On Wednesday, her house-help, an employee and daughter-in-law were confirmed infected.

All nine patients are being treated in quarantined at Binh Thuan General Hospital, which has received personnel support from Ho Chi Minh City.

The businesswoman, 51, had flown from Ho Chi Minh City to New York on February 22, transiting at the Incheon International Airport in South Korea for three hours.

On February 29, she flew back from Washington D.C., transiting at the Doha International Airport in Qatar. She landed at the Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCMC on March 2 and took a car home to the resort town of Phan Thiet in Binh Thuan.

On March 5, she developed high fever and a cough. Four days later, she was admitted to the Binh Thuan General Hospital and placed under quarantine pending Covid-19 tests, and the results came back positive.

With the Thursday updates, Binh Thuan is now the worst hit locality in Vietnam, followed by Hanoi with five cases.

Vietnam has recorded 28 infection cases over the past six days,....:tiphat:https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/f...rmed-in-central-vietnam-province-4068279.html
 
[h=1]VIETNAM: Updated until 18:00 on 12/3/2020[/h] [h=4]Death: 0[/h] [h=4]Number of infected cases:[/h]
44

Among them, 16 people infected with COVID-19 from January 23 to February 13 were completely cured.

Current cases of COVID-19 in Vietnam include:

* 01 26-year-old woman in Hanoi visited her sister in England and through Italy, France and returned to Hanoi on 2/20/2020 (BN17).

* 01 male, 27 years old, from Thai Binh came to Daegu ( South Korea) and returned to Vietnam on March 4, 2020 (BN18)

* 02 people in close contact with patient BN17 who have been identified with COVID-19 infection on March 6 (BN19, BN20).

* 01 61-year-old man in Hanoi, sitting near a row on the flight with BN17 (BN21) .

* 09 people are foreign passengers traveling on the VN0054 flight from the UK to Vietnam on March 2, 2020, specifically:

- BN22: 60 years old, British national; BN23: 66 years old, British national; BN24: 58 years old, British national; BN25: 70 years old, British national; BN26: 50 years old, Irish nationality ; BN27: 67 years old, British national; BN28: 74 years old, British national; BN29: 58 years old, British national; BN30: 66 years old female , British national;

* 01 male 49 years old, British national traveling on flight VN0054 from England to Vietnam on 2/20/2020 (BN31)

* 01 24-year-old woman living in the UK, Vietnamese nationality, having contact with BN17 on February 27 in the UK, returned to Vietnam on March 9, 2020 (BN32).

* 01 male, 58 years old, British national, is a passenger traveling on flight VN0054 from England to Vietnam (BN33).

* 01 51-year-old woman of Vietnamese nationality departs from Washington DC (USA) to Vietnam, transits at Doha International Airport (Qatar) and on the morning of March 2, 2020 entered Vietnam. (BN34)

* 01 29-year-old woman of Vietnamese nationality on 4 March 2020 had direct contact with two British people ( later identified as BN22 and BN23) at Dien May Xanh supermarket in Da Nang. (BN35)

* 03 people in Binh Thuan who had close contact with BN34 were identified as having COVID-19 on March 10, 2020 (BN36, BN37, BN38).

* 01 male 25 years old, is a tour guide residing in Cau Giay district (Hanoi), having contact with patient 24 when leading foreign tourists traveling in Ninh Binh province (BN 39).

* 03 people from Binh Thuan province, including 02-year-old patients who have close contact with patient number BN34 (BN40, BN41, BN42)

* 01 woman, 47 years old, from Binh Thuan province, in close contact with patient number BN38 (BN43)

* 01 male patient, 13 years old, from Binh Thuan province, in close contact with patient number BN37 (BN44) [h=4]Treatment from:[/h]
16 cases
As of March 11, the total number of suspected cases excluded: 2,798
Total number of suspected cases under surveillance and isolation: 113
Total close contacts and entry from epidemic areas are under health monitoring (isolation): 24,782 (including isolation at home, residence: 14,200)
Cumulative number of tested samples accumulated: 4,471
Positive samples: 39 (as of 9pm on 12/3/2020)
Number of negative samples: 4,433

https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/
 
...Hanoi has confirmed seven infection cases as of Friday.

Some HCMC officials have also said they want to temporarily close bars, discos, beer clubs, and the like to curb the spread of the Covid-19 epidemic.

Vietnam has confirmed 47 Covid-19 infection cases so far, including 31 in the past week. The other 16 patients were cured and discharged from hospitals by February 26....:tiphat:
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/h...-to-close-over-coronavirus-fears-4068835.html
 
Source: https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-reports-more-cases-of-covid-19/170112.vnp

Vietnam reports more cases of COVID 19
Vietnam reported 6 more Covid-19 cases by 5pm March 14, raising the national total to 53.
VNA Saturday, March 14, 2020 19:07

The latest case is a 53-year-old Czech national man who had contacted with Italian people while in the Czech Republic. The patient is under quarantine at the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases...
 
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...ealth-ministry
HANOI (REUTERS) - Vietnam has confirmed four more cases of coronavirus, all among foreign nationals, its health ministry said on Sunday, bringing its total number of cases to 57.

The latest detected patients include a Latvian, a German and two British nationals, the health ministry said in a statement.

There have been no deaths in the country, it said, and 16 of the cases confirmed so far have fully recovered.
 
Source: https://sggpnews.org.vn/health/vietnam-covid19-confirmed-cases-reach-61-86082.html

Vietnam Covid-19 confirmed cases reach 61
SGGPTuesday, March 17, 2020 10:59

Four more new infection cases of the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19) including three from Europe and one from Malaysia were confirmed by the Ministry of Health yesterday, bringing the national total to 61, with 16 full recoveries.

Additionally, the Ministry announced seven flights have people infected with the disease caused by coronavirus inquiring passengers of these flights to contact local medical clinics for testing...
 
Source: https://www.nst.com.my/world/world/...w-case-covid-19-linked-msia-tabligh-gathering

Vietnam reports new case of Covid-19 linked to Msia tabligh gathering
By Reuters - March 18, 2020 @ 12:29pm

HANOI: Vietnam has confirmed an additional case of coronavirus linked to a mosque event in Malaysia, its health ministry said on Wednesday, bringing its total number of cases to 67.

The latest known patient, a 36-year-old man, returned to Vietnam on March 4 on VietJet flight VJ826 from Kuala Lumpur...
 
Source: https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-confirms-92nd-covid19-case/170474.vnp


Vietnam confirms 92nd COVID-19 case
A 21-year-old Vietnamese student from France has tested positive for the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, bringing the country's COVID-19 tally to 92, the Ministry of Health confirmed on March 21.
VNA Saturday, March 21, 2020 17:47

Hanoi (VNA) – A 21-year-old Vietnamese student from France has tested positive for the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, bringing the country's COVID-19 tally to 92, the Ministry of Health confirmed on March 21.

The man flew on Flight QR40 from Paris to Doha on March 16, before landing March 17 at Ho Chi Minh City-based Tan Son Nhat Airport on Flight QR970.

Upon entry, he did not display any symptoms of COVID-19 and was sent to a concentrated quarantine area in District 12, HCM City...
 
https://www.vietnam-briefing.com/new...-updates.html/

  • Vietnam has suspended the entry of all foreigners from March 22 to limit the spread of COVID-19. The measure will not apply to diplomats and officials as per Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
  • The Prime Minister also ordered the suspension of all international flights, though it’s unclear exactly when this will take effect.
  • As of March 21, Vietnam’s Ministry of Health confirmed a total of 94 cases of COVID-19. The latest cases were all linked to international flights.
  • Vietnam and Cambodia have closed their borders from March 20 to further prevent the spread of the epidemic. The measures do not apply to official and diplomatic passports.
  • Vietnam Airlines will suspend all international routes in a phased manner by March 25 until April 30. VietJet will suspend ASEAN routes from March 20.
  • Vietnam’s military is expanding quarantine facilities for up to 60,000 people as thousands of Vietnamese return home from virus hit countries. The government will also use university dormitories to meet the demand should it be required. In light of the arrivals, authorities in Hanoi have urged residents to stay home.
  • Vietnam plans to issue several incentives for businesses affected by COVID-19. For more information on this, read our article here.
 
Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2020-03/23/content_75849475.htm

Vietnam's COVID-19 cases rise to 118
Xinhua, March 23, 2020

HANOI, March 23 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam's Ministry of Health announced on Monday afternoon that two more people had tested positive for the COVID-19, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 118.

The two cases, both Vietnamese and recorded in the southern province of Tay Ninh, are a 30-year-old male IT worker who has visited Cambodia and a 23-year-old female working at a casino in Cambodia...
 
Back
Top