• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Worcester hospital norovirus

2:52pm Thursday 14th February 2013 in News

...
Worcestershire Royal, the Alexandra Hospital and Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre are closed to visitors to protect patients and visitors from norovirus.

A spokesman for Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust confirmed today that three wards are affected at Worcester and three at Redditch.
...

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...ards_closed_at_Worcestershire_Royal_Hospital/
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Norovirus closes wards at Ninewells Hospital

By FRANK URQUHART

Published on Monday 18 February 2013 12:45

TWO wards at Dundee?s Ninewells Hospital have been closed to new admissions following a suspected outbreak of the winter vomiting bug.

A spokeswoman for NHS Tayside said wards one and two at the area?s main acute hospital had been closed to new patients following several cases of vomiting and diarrhoea thought to be caused by norovirus, more commonly known as the winter vomiting bug.

More...
http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/norovirus-closes-wards-at-ninewells-hospital-1-2797359
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Date of article: 18-Feb-13
Article By: Richard Howard, News Editor

Care homes advised to read up on the prevention and control of infection
...
The publication ?Prevention and control of infection in care homes? has been compiled to provide ?clear information? on standards for providers to adhere to, with residential facilities being particularly vulnerable to diseases like the norovirus, because of the close proximity of residents.
...
'Infections acquired in care homes may be serious and, in some cases, life-threatening. These may worsen underlying medical conditions and adversely affect recovery....

This winter has seen a record number of norovirus outbreaks ? the infection also known as ?the winter vomiting bug? ? in the UK, with the Health Protection Agency recording 63 per cent more cases than last year, which is particularly dangerous for older people who may already have sensitive physical health conditions.
...
To read the Department?s guidelines in full go to: www.wp.dh.gov.uk/publications/files/2013/02/Care-home-resource-11-February-2013.pdf

http://www.carehome.co.uk/news/arti...up-on-the-prevention-and-control-of-infection
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

19 February 2013 Last updated at 15:49 ET

Third of patients at Liberton Hospital struck by norovirus

A third of patients at an Edinburgh hospital have been affected by an outbreak of norovirus.

NHS Lothian has closed eight out of nine wards to new patients at Liberton Hospital.

The health board said 51 patients have been confirmed as having the virus since the start of the outbreak at the end of January.

Patients' friends and family have been advised them not to visit in an attempt to halt the spread of the infection.

NHS Lothian said 17 staff members have also been hit by the bug.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-21513877
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Norovirus strikes at two wards

Published on Monday 25 February 2013 17:00

The highly infectious norovirus has struck at Watford General Hospital.

After months of bucking the national trend by keeping the superbug at bay - with just one case of infection since the summer - West Herts NHS Hospitals Trust has succumbed to the germ.

Medical director at the trust, which also runs Hemel Hempstead?s Urgent Care Centre and St Albans City Hospital, Dr Colin Johnston said: ?A small number of cases have been confirmed on Sarratt and Croxley wards at Watford General Hospital.
...
http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/local/norovirus-strikes-at-two-wards-1-4825751
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Staffordshire hospital closes wards as Norovirus bug strikes

Jonathan Mees | February 26, 2013 | 0 Comments

Bosses at University Hospital of North Staffordshire are urging visitors with symptoms of the Norovirus to stay away.

Four wards have now been closed because of the infection, known as the ?winter vomiting bug?.

The virus has left up to 80 beds at the 1,100-bed hospital out of action and they are unable to take emergency cases from the A&E unit.
...

http://staffslive.co.uk/2013/02/26/...spital-closes-wards-as-norovirus-bug-strikes/
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Hundreds of youngsters to pay respects to tragic Natasha Scott-Falber, who would have been 15 today

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

HUNDREDS of youngsters are expected to pay their respects to 14-year-old Natasha Scott-Falber who died last week.

The aspiring musical theatre student, from Wyedean School, in Sedbury, died after suffering from suspected norovirus and septicaemia on Valentine's Day.

More...
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...tory-18255926-detail/story.html#axzz2M1Q2m9oP
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Norovirus to blame for sickness at The Dell School, Chepstow

12:40pm Wednesday 27th February 2013 in Gwent news
By Emma Mackintosh.

NOROVIRUS is to blame for last week?s wave of sickness at The Dell School in Chepstow, Monmouthshire Council confirmed.

The school underwent a second ?deep clean? over the weekend and opened as normal on Monday morning, with 18 pupils and two members of staff still absent.

Attendance was significantly higher yesterday than on Thursday last week, when 107 of the school?s 406 youngsters and seven members of staff came down with a mystery illness overnight.

More...
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...to_blame_for_Chepstow_school_sickness/?ref=nt
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

27 February 2013 Last updated at 06:47 ET

Norovirus outbreak shuts wards at Eastbourne hospital

Two wards at a Sussex hospital have been closed to new admissions following an outbreak of the norovirus bug.

Visitors to Eastbourne District General Hospital have also been asked not to visit family and friends if they have suffered from symptoms of the virus.

East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust said Seaford 1 ward and Cuckmere ward had both been closed to new admissions.
...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21602373
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Health chiefs report extremely high levels of Norovirus in Worcestershire

3:36pm Friday 1st March 2013 in News By Tarik Al Rasheed.

A WINTER vomiting bug is continuing to pile pressure on hospital wards in Worcestershire.

Worcestershire Royal, Redditch Alexandra and Kidderminster Hospitals remain closed to visitors because of Norovirus outbreaks, with health chiefs reporting that levels of the winter vomiting and diarrhoea are 30 per cent higher in Worcestershire than the rest of the West Midlands.

At least 20 beds across the three hospital sites have been closed almost constantly since the start of November, with more than 100 out of commission during spikes in late January and the middle of February.

The highly contagious bug heaps pressure on hospitals as many patients cannot be sent home or into nursing homes and community hospitals because of the risk of spreading the infection.

More...
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10262421.Norovirus_levels_30_per_cent_higher_than_elsewhere/
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Queen cancels appointments due to gastroenteritis

The Queen has cancelled her appointments this weekend as she is suffering from gastroenteritis, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

By Hayley Dixon
8:23PM GMT 01 Mar 2013

She was due to visit Swansea to present leeks to members of the 3rd Battalion The Royal Welsh as part of the St David?s Day celebrations.

But the 86-year-old monarch pulled out at the last minute after being struck down with the illness.
...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...cels-appointments-due-to-gastroenteritis.html
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

"Major incident" status declared following Norovirus outbreak at Royal Cornwall Hospital

CMToby
Tuesday, March 05, 2013

A "major incident" plan has been enacted by the trust that runs Cornwall's acute hospitals to deal with high levels of emergency admissions, discharge delays and a Norovirus outbreak.

Two wards have been closed and three bays isolated at Royal Cornwall Hospital Treliske and around 20 routine operations postponed to deal with the problems.

Urgent cancer surgery is going ahead but all other cases are being reviewed on a day-by-day basis with visitors asked ring ahead and not come to hospital unless their visit is essential

More...
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/story-18325283-detail/story.html#axzz2MiwEhNJB
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Norovirus outbreak hits Barrow hospital

Last updated at 13:44, Monday, 11 March 2013

LOCALS have been warned to be vigilant following a suspected outbreak of norovirus at Furness General Hospital.

The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) says 12 patients are suffering symptoms of the virus on Ward 4.

To prevent the virus' spread, all visitors are asked to refrain from attending the hospital if they have experienced diarrhoea or vomiting until they have been symptom free for 72 hours ? unless they need emergency treatment.

More...
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/home/norovirus-outbreak-hits-barrow-hospital-1.1041306?referrerPath=home
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Vomiting virus warning at Paignton and Dawlish hospitals

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HOSPITAL staff are appealing to families and friends wanting to visit patients in Paignton and Dawlish hospitals to stay away to help reduce the spread of the winter sickness bug Norovirus.

Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust, which runs community hospitals in the area, has put restrictions in place on two wards - one at each hospital - due to diarrhoea and vomiting.

...
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/V...tory-18401655-detail/story.html#axzz2NQfoUmKX
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Health officers investigating 36 reports of sickness bug after Ilfracombe food exhibition

NDJJoel
Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
...
The event included 80 different exhibitors from across the world, including food giants such as Heinz, Nestl? and Unilever.

However, when several people reported feeling unwell after the event, Ilfracombe Foodservice reported the matter to North Devon Council?s (NDC) Environmental Health team.

Jeremy Mann, Head of Environmental Health at NDC, said it was not clear whether the symptoms orginated from the event or not.

He said: ?The council was notified of a potential issue by Ilfracombe Foodservice on Thursday, March 7.

?We are aware of 36 people who have the symptoms of Intestinal Infectious Disease (IID).
...

Full text:
http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/H...tory-18402607-detail/story.html#axzz2NTnAoqEu
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Wards at Eastbourne District General, Royal Sussex County, the Conquest in St Leonards and Chichester's St Richards all hit by bug.

10:10am Wednesday 20th March 2013 in News By Siobhan Ryan, Health Reporter.

Four wards ? Chiddingly, Folkington, Jevington and Polegate ? were closed to new admissions at Eastbourne District General Hospital after 45 people developed sickness and diarrhoea.

Bosses are urging people not to visit the hospitals if they have recently had the virus and to wait until they have been symptom-free for 48 hours.

Murray Ward, at the Conquest in St Leonards, has also closed after 11 patients became ill.

More...
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10300669.Sussex_hospitals_hit_by_norovirus/
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

UPDATE: Sickness bug forces Binfield School closure

Published 22 Mar 2013 10:30
A BINFIELD school will be closed until Monday amid fears of an outbreak of norovirus.

Approximately 100 children and nine staff are reported to be suffering from sickness at Binfield Primary School.

More...
http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news...-sickness-bug-forces-binfield-school-closure/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Binfield CE Primary School
...
SCHOOL CLOSED
Thursday 21st March and Friday 22nd March

The HPA have advised that the school undergoes a specialist clean which will take several days to complete. As such, the school will be closed to the children tomorrow Thursday 21st March and Friday 22nd March. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we hope you appreciate that this is in order to limit the further spread of this nasty bug.

We hope to re-open on Monday 25th March. However this can only be confirmed once all the cleaning has been completed. Please check the school website on Sunday evening for confirmation and further information.

More...
http://www.binfieldceschool.ik.org/home.ikml
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Two Norfolk hospitals affected by norovirus

Adam Gretton, Health correspondent Monday, March 25, 2013
1:06 PM
...
Six wards at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital were hit last week as a result of an outbreak of norovirus.

A spokesman today said that visiting was still restricted at the Colney site to try and reduce the spread of the contagious bug, which causes vomiting and diarrhoea.
...
The James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston has also been affected by norovirus after four areas were closed because of an outbreak last week. A spokesman for the hospital said that one area remains closed today...

Full text:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/two_norfolk_hospitals_affected_by_norovirus_1_1990816
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

Suspected norovirus outbreak at Barrow and Lancaster hospitals

5:11pm Thursday 28th March 2013 in News.

THE University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) is asking the public to be vigilant following a suspected outbreak of norovirus on a number of wards at Furness General Hospital and the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.

All visitors to both hospitals are asked to refrain from visiting if they have experienced diarrhoea or vomiting until they have been symptom free for 72 hours ? unless they need emergency treatment.

Jackie Holt, Executive Chief Nurse, UHMBT, said: ?We continue to ask that people stay away if they have been sick or had diarrhoea in the last 72 hours or been in close contact with someone who has, unless they require emergency treatment.

More...
http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co...s_outbreak_at_Barrow_and_Lancaster_hospitals/
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2013

6 April 2013 Last updated at 11:10 ET

Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading hit by norovirus

Visitors are being asked to stay away from a Berkshire hospital due to a norovirus outbreak.

Cases of the vomiting and diarrhoea bug have been identified on four wards at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading.
...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-22051277
 
Back
Top