• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

UK - Norovirus cases 2012

Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2012

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20854461

28 December 2012 Last updated at 07:26 ET
Cases of the winter vomiting bug 'top a million'

Cases of the winter vomiting bug norovirus in England and Wales have topped a million, latest figures from the Health Protection Agency suggest.

It said there were 3,538 lab-confirmed cases up to 16 December - but that for each another 288 go unreported.

The figure is 83% higher than at this stage last year - but have not increased greatly since last week...
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2012

Norovirus damages trust's recovery

By Ian Dipple Friday 28 December 2012 Updated: 28/12 18:32


REPEATED outbreaks of norovirus have cost the county?s hospitals over half a million pounds and threatens to derail the financial recovery plan of the Trust which runs them.

Some 200 planned operations scheduled at Worcestershire Royal, the Alexandra and Kidderminster hospitals had to be cancelled during November as bosses were forced to shut wards to control the number of patients with the highly infectious sickness and diarrhoea bug.
...

Read more:
http://www.worcesterstandard.co.uk/2012/12/28/news-Norovirus-damages-trust's-recovery-59144.html
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2012

By Nick Owens
30 Dec 2012 13:40

On the sicklist: Hospital closed to visitors for 3rd time as norovirus strikes five wards

A hospital has been forced to ban ­visitors for the SECOND time in a week as health officials battle the norovirus outbreak.

... East Surrey Hospital banned visitors again this weekend as norovirus struck down patients on five wards ? after briefly reopening over Christmas.

The hospital, in Redhill, Surrey, was first forced to quarantine wards in November, then again on December 18.
...
A spokesman said: ?This is a decision that is not taken lightly.? Relatives could still phone patients, he added.

Hospitals across the UK have been ­battling the outbreak. More than 5,000 NHS workers are ­reportedly calling in sick every day as cases hit a five-year high.

More...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/on-the-sicklist-hospital-closed-to-visitors-for-3rd-1510378
 
Back
Top