• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Uganda: Ministry of Health, 8 suspected Ebola cases isolated in Kampala - Cholera?

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Uganda: Ministry of Health, isolated eight alleged Ebola cases in Kampala

Kampala, 07 Jan 13:33 - (Agenzia Nova)- Eight people suspected of having contracted the Ebola virus were isolated in Kampala, Uganda. This was reported by the Health Ministry spokeswoman, Emma Aineboya, quoted by the "Kma Updates" information site.

People are currently under observation at the Naguru hospital and will undergo regular medical checks. According to official information, all patients come from the Rubaga district, in the Ugandan capital.

In the fight against the Ebola epidemic, declared in Uganda and Rwanda in response to the outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the European Union provides humanitarian funding amounting to 100 thousand euros, of which 40 thousand euros for Rwanda and 60 thousand for the 'Uganda,
 
[h=4]Health Ministry Confirms Cholera Outbreak in Kampala[/h] 7 Jan 2019, 18:25 In short
The two are part of a group of eight people that were referred to Naguru after presenting with Cholera symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting
Two, out of the eight people, admitted at Naguru hospital with cholera symptoms, have tested positive to the disease, according to the Ministry of Health.

The group of patients was referred to Naguru from Kabowa in Rubaga Division after they presented with Cholera like symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting.

The Ministry of Health spokesperson Emmanuel Ainebyoona says that ministry of Health is still investigating stool and blood samples obtained from the eight patients admitted at Naguru hospital. He, however, added that preliminary results indicated that two of the cases were suffering from Cholera.

Naguru Hospital Executive Director Dr Emmanuel Batibwe says that the eight are responding to treatment. "We have admitted them in the isolation ward and so far, they are stable and responding to treatment."

 
Back
Top