• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Uganda: 2025 Anthrax

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://redpepper.co.ug/suspected-a...source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suspec ted-anthrax-outbreak-hits-kabale-7-cows-dead-7-cases-reported

Brian Musaasizi | Editor April 8, 2025
Suspected Anthrax Outbreak Hits Kabale, 7 Cows Dead, 7 Cases reported
By Moses Agaba

Panic has gripped residents of Kyanamira Sub-county in Kabale District following a suspected outbreak of anthrax.

The outbreak has been reported in Muyumbu Village, Muyumbu Parish, where the suspected disease has already claimed the lives of seven cows, two goats, and one sheep. Additionally, seven suspected human cases of anthrax (caused by Bacillus anthracis) have been documented.

According to a report released by the Kabale District Health Office on Tuesday, the first human case began showing symptoms on April 1, 2025, with additional cases reported by April 6. Livestock deaths began earlier, with the first two cows dying on an unspecified date.

Subsequent deaths occurred on March 22 (one cow), March 30 (one cow), March 31 (one cow), and April 1 (two cows).

The report further revealed that all seven infected cows were slaughtered and consumed by the local community. Of these, three were slaughtered and the meat sold in Kabura Trading Centre, Kyanamira Sub-county, while the remaining four were sold at Kabale Central Market in Kabale Town...

 
Source: https://www.sakshipost.com/amp/news/anthrax-outbreak-kills-three-uganda-396729


Anthrax outbreak kills three in Uganda
11 Apr, 2025 20:45 IST

​Kampala, April 11 (IANS) Uganda's Ministry of Health said Friday that an anthrax outbreak in the northeastern and western regions of the country has left three people dead and several others hospitalised.

The ministry noted in a health situation update report that two deaths, one laboratory-confirmed case and another suspected patient, were identified in the western Ugandan district of Buhweju, with 11 others suspected to have the disease in the district.

Meanwhile, a 45-year-old female died of suspected anthrax in Moroto district in the northeastern part of the country.

The cause of death was attributed to the consumption of meat from a cow that had died three days earlier in Apetawoi village and was sold raw at the Chokolias community market, said the health authority.

"It is reported that all the people who ate the meat, about 25 in number, got ill with similar signs and symptoms, though less severe than the deceased," it said.​..
 
image.png

image.png


https://iris.who.int/bitstream/handle/10665/381104/OEW15-0713042025.pdf
 
Source: https://www.sakshipost.com/news/uganda-anthrax-outbreak-kills-one-western-refugee-camp-435483

Uganda: Anthrax outbreak kills one at western refugee camp
Jul 31, 2025, 23:20 IST

​Kampala, July 31 (IANS) Uganda's Ministry of Health on Thursday reported an anthrax outbreak at a refugee settlement in western Uganda's Kyegegwa District, which has left one refugee dead and three others hospitalised.

According to a health situation update from the ministry, samples collected from a 26-year-old male Congolese refugee at Kyaka II Refugee Settlement tested positive for the bacterial disease.

Three suspected cases are currently receiving treatment at Bujubuli Health Centre.

The report said the patient died at home, but before burial, a sample was taken from the body, and the results returned positive for anthrax on Tuesday.

The report added that the deceased's family -- his wife and three children -- fled back to the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo upon learning of his death from anthrax.​..
 
Back
Top