• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Tunisia reports first swine flu deaths

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Tunisia reports first swine flu death

Health News

Nov 16, 2009, 9:04 GMT

Tunis - A man who worked in the northern Tunisian port city of La Goulette became the first person to die from complications related to the swineflu A(h1N1) virus, local media reported Monday.

According to A-Sabua magazine, the 33-year-old man became ill in the port city, and then returned to his home town of Mahadia in the center of the North African country, where he died at the local hospital.

Tunisia has reported over 200 incidents of swine flu, with cases appearing in most parts of the country.

The government decided earlier this autumn to ban all its citizens from traveling to the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, known as hajj and which is one of the primary tenants of Islam, fearing an uncontrolled spread of the virus.

The French embassy last week closed its school in Tunis, after an outbreak of the virus, in what was said to be a temporary measure.

Health professionals and some security forces have started to receive vaccinations, with government plans to also give jabs to people with chronic diseases.

The weekly newspaper also noted that seasonal influenza kills about 4,000 Tunisian each the year.


Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...a-reports-first-swine-flu-death#ixzz0X1MaI5Ac
 
Re: Tunisia reports first swine flu deaths

google translated

Influenza A (H1N1): the first deaths in Tunisia

16/11/2009

The information circulated throughout the weekend, but could not be categorically confirmed. Tunisia said it saw its first death from influenza A (H1N1).

An official source tells us that there was a death, a young fisherman of some thirty years of the Mahdia, but has not yet been established that death is directly related to the swine flu.

Finally, information has been published by the weekly Al Ousbou (Dar Assabah Group) who speaks of two deaths.

In his article, Hafedh Ghribi, editor of the journal, confirms that it is the fisherman of Mahdia. He was 33 years and died last Thursday.

It happens that the fisherman had liver problems that have caused serious deficiencies in his immune system.

The second death was recorded yesterday, Sunday morning. He is a man of forty who suffered already from heart problems.

Preventive measures involving family members were taken immediately to prevent the spread of the virus.

The best prevention is, however, compliance with hygiene measures.

http://www.businessnews.com.tn/BN/BN-lirearticle.asp?id=1088271
 
Re: Tunisia reports first swine flu deaths

Tunisia reports first two swine flu deaths - Summary

Tunis - Two Tunisian men weakened by other illnesses have died of swine flu, the country's first fatalities related to the A(H1N1) virus, the Tunisian health ministry announced Monday.

The two victims, aged 37 and 40, passed away in hospital at the weekend. One of the men was ill with hepatitis while the other was suffering from serious cardiac problems, the ministry said.

Tunisia has reported 210 incidents of swine flu, with cases appearing in most parts of the country.

The government decided earlier this autumn to ban all its citizens from traveling to the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, known as hajj and which is one of the primary tenants of Islam, fearing an uncontrolled spread of the virus.

The French embassy last week closed its school in Tunis, after an outbreak of the virus, in what was said to be a temporary measure.

Health professionals and some security forces have started to receive vaccinations, with government plans to also give jabs to people with chronic diseases.

source: earthtimes
 
Back
Top