• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Trinidad and Tobago: Covid-19 cases - 2,663 cases; 40 deaths

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/0...man-is-trinidad-tobagos-second-covid-19-case/

66-year-old man is Trinidad & Tobago’s second COVID-19 case
By Stabroek News
March 15, 2020

(Trinidad Guardian) A 66-year-old man who travelled abroad less than 14 days ago is this country’s second confirmed case of COVID-19.

The Ministry of Health released a statement after 9 pm yesterday confirming that the positive test result was communicated by the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) to the ministry at 7.44 pm...

...News of the second case came one day after a 52-year-old man who recently returned to Trinidad from Switzerland became the first confirmed COVID-19 case in Trinidad and Tobago. He has been quarantined at the Caura Hospital.
 
Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/0...sconnecting-from-outside-world-for-two-weeks/

Trinidad disconnecting from outside world for two weeks
-in coronavirus battle

From midnight tonight, non-nationals won’t be allowed entry into Trinidad and Tobago for two weeks, schools will remain closed until April 20 and bars are being asked to close for two weeks to prevent novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spread...

...T&T currently has five cases: two announced last week, two more on Sunday and one yesterday. All five were imported cases. Yesterday, Ministry of Health officials at the briefing, said there are also many people in self-isolation now...
 
Source: https://www.stabroeknews.com/2020/03/22/news/regional/trinidad/trinidad-covid-19-cases-soar-to-49/

Trinidad COVID-19 cases soar to 49
By Stabroek News
March 22, 2020

(Trinidad Express) Nine has turned into 49. As of yesterday, this was the total number of COVID-19 coronavirus cases recorded in Trinidad and Tobago.

Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh maintained that T&T was in a good place in treating with the COVID-19 pandemic but this could change in an instant if citizens do not follow the directives of the government.

Deyalsingh made the statement yesterday as he expressed frustration over people who had chosen to travel despite numerous warnings not to do so unless in an emergency.

The ministry confirmed 40 of the 68 people who were being quarantined at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church camp in Balandra have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in T&T to 49...
 
Source: http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tts-50th-covid19-case-also-imported-6.2.1084521.e398cf67f4

T&T’s 50th COVID-19 case also imported
by Gail Alexander
13 hours ago

This country’s 50th COVID-19 case, which was revealed yesterday, is another imported case -- the person had a recent history of travel.

The Health Ministry’s 11.29 am and 4.18 pm bulletins on Sunday confirmed the latest case following Saturday’s disclosure that 40 others who returned home last week had also tested positive...
 
Source: https://www.looptt.com/content/tt-now-has-61-confirmed-covid-19-cases-patient-has-travel-history

T&T now has 61 confirmed COVID-19 cases; patient has travel history
Loop News Created : 26 March 2020
COVID-19

Trinidad and Tobago now has 61 confirmed cases of COVID-19.

In a statement, the Ministry of Health informed that as of Thursday morning, the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has tested 407 samples.

Sixty-one samples have tested positive, with one COVID-19 related death recorded.

The Ministry said the sixty-first case has a recent travel history.

It noted that 44 of these positive cases came from the group of nationals who recently returned from a cruise, (41 from the group of 68 nationals who returned together and three additional persons, who were also on the cruise, but returned to Trinidad and Tobago separately, from the other 68).

The Ministry of Health is urging members of the public to stay at home if ill...

*****************

Source: https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronav...rus-death-country-now-has-60-confirmed-cases-

Trinidad and Tobago Records its First Coronavirus Death; Country Now Has 60 Confirmed Cases
Coronavirus Published On March 26, 2020 05:55 AM
Staff Consortium | March 26, 2020 05:55:50 AM

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Mar 25, CMC – The Trinidad and Tobago government Wednesday night confirmed the first death as a result of the coronavirus, saying that the person was “an elderly male with a pre-existing medical condition...
 
Source: https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/t...rds-3rd-covid-19-death-positive-cases-now-76/

Trinidad and Tobago records third COVID-19 death; positive cases now 76
By Trinidad Guardian
March 28, 2020

(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Trinidad and Tobago has recorded its third COVID-19 death and a spike in cases between Friday and Saturday.

In its latest update, the Ministry of Health confirmed there had been a third death. However, it again did not divulge any details of the patient’s age, gender or when they died.

The number of cases also rose by 10, from 66 on Friday to 76 up to the time of the ministry’s release at 4.14 pm Saturday...
 
Source: http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/two-more-test-positive-for-covid19-6.2.1089014.b41bc95ea5

...Two more people have tested positive for COVID-19 in T&T.

The following is a statement by the Ministry of Health.

As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.

As of the afternoon of Sunday, 29th March, 2020 the Ministry reports the following:

Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19 525

Number of samples which have tested positive 78

Number of deaths 3

Number of persons discharged 1..
 
Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/COVID-19_cases_in_Trinidad_moving_towards_100_mark_

COVID-19 cases in Trinidad moving towards 100 mark
Monday, March 30, 2020 1 comment

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) — The number of positive coronavirus (COVID-19) cases jumped to 82 on Monday as health authorities warned that the next two weeks could prove pivotal in the fight to prevent the spread of the virus that has killed more than 20,000 people worldwide.

Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh, speaking at the daily news conference of the Ministry of Health, said that the four new additional cases from Sunday came as a result of various factors...
 
Source: http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tts-covid19-cases-up-to-87-6.2.1090191.a7ddb25dbb

...The Ministry of Health's COVID-19 Update #62 reports that the number of confirmed cases has increased to 87.

The following is the full text of the Ministry's update...

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE #62

As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.

As of the afternoon of Tuesday, 31st March, 2020 the Ministry reports the following:

558 = Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19
87 = Number of samples which have tested positive
3 = Number of deaths
1 = Number of persons discharged..
 
Source: https://wired868.com/2020/04/02/hea...-map-data-388-prisoners-proposed-for-release/

Health ministry reveals Covid-19 map data, 388 prisoners proposed for release

Editor Thursday 2 April 2020

...At present, Trinidad and Tobago has 90 positive cases of Covid-19 from 621 samples with five deaths and one discharge.

Today, the Ministry of Health publicly unveiled its Geographic Information System (GIS) map graph, which shows the location and movement of the country’s positive cases...
 
Source: http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-now-has-98-cases-of-covid19-6.2.1092250.c82d4d7163

T&T now has 98 cases of COVID-19
3 hours ago

The following is the latest COVID-19 Update from the Ministry of Health...

As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.

As of the afternoon of Friday April 3rd, 2020, the Ministry reports the following:

705 = Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19
98 = Number of samples which have tested positive
6 = Number of deaths
1= Number of persons discharged

The Ministry of Health provides the following update:

* One additional person has tested positive for COVID-19 – history of recent travel.

Of the total number of positive cases, 49 of these positive cases came from the group of nationals who recently returned from a cruise:

* 46 positive cases from the group of 68 nationals who returned from the cruise together

* 3 positive cases from the group of nationals who returned from the same cruise separately from the other 68 nationals...
 
Back
Top