• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Togo - Lassa fever case confirmed in Doufelgou

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Translation Google

Togolese government confirms Lassa fever case in the north


January 05, 2019 to 05:49 to 656
APA-Lome (Togo)

The Togolese authorities confirmed Friday a case of Lassa virus haemorrhagic fever in the north of the country, about 420 km from Lome.

"A case of Lassa virus haemorrhagic fever was confirmed this Friday, January 4, 2019 in the Doufelgou district," the Ministry of Health wrote in a press release, noting that it is a Togolese income from Nigeria where he had been living for more than a year.
...
http://apanews.net/index.php/news/le-gouvernement-togolais-confirme-un-cas-de-fievre-lassa-au-nord
 
Translation Google

Togo / Lassa fever case in Doufelgou: The carrier of the virus is dead!

BY ESSI BRATHOLD JANUARY 9, 2019


The victim of the Lassa fever case, confirmed last Friday by the Minister of Health, did not survive. He died on Tuesday despite being taken in charge at Niamtougou Hospital, according to the ministry's statement.

"With regard to the treatment of the above-mentioned patient, ribavirin, a suitable drug, has been provided free of charge and in sufficient quantities to the Niamtougou Hospital by the Togolese State. An assessment of the state of care on the 4th day of the epidemic made it possible to note the quality, the seriousness and the professionalism of the team in charge of the administration of care, "the statement said. While there was hope for improvement following the treatment he was given, the sudden deterioration of the patient's condition is inexplicable.

Originally from the village Kawa-Haut, a locality located in the health district of Doufelgou, the deceased was buried in safe conditions in his village in the presence of parents and local authorities. "We urge the population not to panic and remain vigilant about the observance of basic hygiene measures to significantly reduce the risk of contamination of the disease," says the statement of the Ministry of Health .

https://www.togotopinfos.com/2019/01/09/togo-cas-de-fievre-lassa-a-doufelgou-porteur-virus-mort/
 
Translation Google

PRESS CONFERENCE ON LASSA VIRUS HAEMORRHAGIC FEVER

Posted on: 20 January, 2019In: Health

The Ministry of Health and Welfare held this January 15 in Lome, a press conference on lassa virus disease. In front of the men of media, the prof. MIJIYAWA gave an update on the situation of lassa virus haemorrhagic fever in Togo since its appearance at the beginning of the year in the Doufelgou health district. Opportunity for the minister to invite journalists to relay the information to the populations by insisting on the preventive measures.

This release of the Minister of Health follows two recorded cases of haemorrhagic fever Lassa virus in Togo since the beginning of the year. If the case appeared in the district of Doufelgou is confirmed, the suspected case in Tchaoudjo, although it seems likely, is not because of lack of examination because of the immediate burial of the deceased. Given the threat posed by the two cases, the Ministry of Health took urgent measures and activated prevention mechanisms to prevent the spread of this highly contagious viral disease.

Since the confirmation of the first case on January 4, 2019, and the announcement of the second case on January 11, the World Health Organization WHO has joined the Togolese government through sustained support, the development of a response plan and various logistic support. She reassured her availability to continue this support.

Tchazing'nam BAGAH

Elie AGBA-GNADAO


http://tvt.tg/conference-de-presse-sur-la-fievre-hemorragique-a-virus-lassa/
 
Back
Top