• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Tibet’s provincial capital Lhasa battles food shortage amid COVID-19 outbreak

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.nagalandpost.com/index....battles-food-shortage-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

Tibet’s provincial capital Lhasa battles food shortage amid COVID-19 outbreak
September 17, 2022

A crippling food shortage triggered by a prolonged quarantine period has gripped Tibet’s provincial capital Lhasa, which is facing a serious COVID-19 outbreak, according to a media report on Friday. Widespread infections and food shortages have rocked the small city of Lhasa after more than a month of extreme COVID-19 measures.
Lhasa, the city of 860,000, has recorded more than 540 infections so far and food is running out for many families in the city as people have been either locked in their homes or sent to makeshift hospitals since the first cases were identified on August 8, Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post newspaper reported.
A Lhasa resident, who identified himself as Sam Wang, said he had been locked in his home for 36 days.
“It is extremely difficult to get food and many people have run out of food. I feel we are in the same situation as Ili [prefecture in Xinjiang],” the Post quoted Wang as saying.
The Ili city government apologised after acute shortages of food and essential items earlier this month prompted residents to take to social media to complain about it, triggering an online backlash...
 
Back
Top