• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Third H1N1 fatality reported in McLean Co.

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Third H1N1 fatality reported in McLean Co.
By Paul Swiech | pswiech@pantagraph.com | Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:05 pm |


BLOOMINGTON -- A third McLean County resident has died because of the H1N1 influenza virus, the county health department reported Wednesday.

A 58-year-old woman died Tuesday, the health department said. She was admitted to a local hospital on Nov. 9 and later transferred to the hospital's intensive care unit.
The woman had underlying medical conditions but the health department does not publicly identify underlying medical conditions of H1N1 patients, said Cathy Coverston Anderson, health department assistant administrator.

"This is a very sober reminder that H1N1 can cause very serious illness and death in individuals," Coverston Anderson said. While the growth in the number of H1N1 cases has slowed, the virus continues to cause serious illness and death and not all of those people have had underlying medical conditions, she said.

Earlier this fall in McLean County, an 18-year-old man and a 56-year-old woman died of H1N1. Both had underlying medical conditions.
Statewide, H1N1 has caused 2,001 hospitalizations and 64 deaths, said the Illinois Department of Public Health.
-snip-
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_f90aa330-df6d-11de-9419-001cc4c03286.html
 
Back
Top