• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Tajikistan: 14 H1N1 cases confirmed

Celvin11

Well-known member
WHO Confirms 14 Swine-Flu Cases In Tajikistan

Tajik schoolchildren requested to wear face masks in order to prevent swine flu.

December 16, 2009 http://www.rferl.org/content/WHO_Confirms_14_SwineFlu_Cases_In_Tajikistan/1906000.html

DUSHANBE -- A World Health Organization (WHO) official has said there are 14 swine-flu cases in Tajikistan, RFE/RL's Tajik Service reports.

Craig Hampton, a technical officer at WHO's Disaster Preparedness Response office in Dushanbe, told RFE/RL that no one in Tajikistan has died from swine flu.

Health Ministry spokeswoman Maysara Qurbonova told RFE/RL that 14 of the 225 samples tested were found to be swine-flu positive.

She said nine of the swine-flu patients are foreigners from China, India, and Russia and the remaining five -- which include two children -- are Tajiks living in Dushanbe.

Qurbonova added that all 14 swine-flu patients are getting medical treatment and some have already been released from the hospital.

Tajik authorities reported last week that a 32-year-old woman in the northern province of Khujand had died with swine-flu symptoms. But WHO officials in Dushanbe said today she did not die from swine flu.
 
Back
Top