• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Swine flu mystery

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
A DARWIN school has denied there has been an outbreak of swine flu among their boarding students.

The NT News has been told four teenagers - three girls and a boy - have been diagnosed with swine flu at St John's College.

Several more students have been tested for the illness and one teacher is off sick and waiting for test results.

A staff member, who wished not to be named, said the first student was diagnosed with swine flu on Thursday. Three more were confirmed as having the H1N1 virus the next day.

All four Aboriginal boarding students have been placed in the infirmary with masks on, the staff member said.

The school employee was concerned that there had been no formal announcement about the outbreak.

"It is really distressing, it is a real health risk and none of the students, none of the staff have been informed," the employee said. "There has been a cone of silence but you can never hide things in a school for too long."

A staff member at the girl's dormitory denied the students were suffering from swine flu.

"It was only a precautionary thing," she said.

Principal Margot Morcombe declined to comment.

This year there has been 160 cases of swine flu in the NT, mostly in Darwin.


http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/11/22/195671_ntnews.html
 
Back
Top