• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Swine flu claims two more victims

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
Two more people have died from swine flu ? and a child with the virus is fighting for life.

A woman from Bolton and a man from Manchester have become the latest victims. The man had been treated in North Manchester General Hospital.

A child from Bury is critically ill with the H1N1 bug.

As reported in the M.E.N. two men from Oldham and a man from Rochdale have died in recent weeks.

Health bosses are urging vulnerable people ? such as pregnant women and the elderly ? to have the jab which this year combines the swine flu and seasonal flu vaccine for the first time.

Dr Kevin Perrett, consultant in public health at NHS Manchester, said: ?A man died in the intensive care unit at North Manchester General Hospital on December 8 with swine flu as part of the cause of death. Our thoughts are with his family as they come to terms with their loss.?

A spokesman for NHS Bolton said: ?We can confirm that a patient from Bolton has died after suffering complications from the H1N1 strain of flu, which is commonly known as swine flu. While deaths from swine flu are rare, it is one of the main strains of flu around this winter, and, unfortunately, that means some deaths will occur.?

In the north west, just 28 per cent of vulnerable people ? including those with respiratory and immune conditions ? have had the vaccine while only half of over-65s have had it.

Anyone who is over 65, has a serious long term condition or is pregnant can contact their GP to have a vaccine. For the majority of people the advice is to stay at home, contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or visit the NHS Choices website www.nhs.uk to check your symptoms. If you are still concerned, you should telephone your GP who will be able to give you advice.


http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/health/s/1394398_swine_flu_claims_two_more_victims
 
Back
Top