Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
200 CHILDREN TREATED FOR DIARRHOEA IN 3 DAYS
16/07/2014 03:08:00 BY JABULISA DLAMINI
MANZINI ? The Raleigh Fitkin Memorial (RFM) Hospital has claimed there is an outbreak of diarrhoea in the country which has seen about 200 children being attended to in a space of three days at the hospital.
The minors are suffering from gastro-enteritis which is reportedly fatal if left untreated.
Dr Tesfa Getahua said the hospital had so far treated over 200 children suffering from the diarrhoea, which is an infection of the stomach and intestines.
This type of diarrhoea affected children from three months to three years old.
DIARRHOEA OUTBREAK; 11 CHILDREN DEAD
19/07/2014 00:09:00 BY ZWELAKHE MOAHLOLI
MBABANE ? The death toll of children that have been affected by the deadly diarrhoea virus stands at 11, but it is not conclusive.
The figure was confirmed by the Ministry of Health Principal Secretary Dr Simon Zwane.
Dr Zwane said even though he did not have the figures ?what was reported to me today is that we have lost 11 children. We are still to compile the total figure.?
He clarified that the statistics were obtained from the Raleigh Fitkin Memorial (RFM) and the Mbabane Government Hospitals.
He said a conclusive figure would be announced on Monday and that a team had been assigned to collect and record data from the various health institutions throughout the country...
DIARRHOEA OUTBREAK CLAIMS 3 MORE LIVES
21/07/2014 08:58:00 BY SABELO MAZIBUKO
MBABANE ? Three more children have reportedly died at Matsanjeni Health Centre due to the diarrhoea outbreak that is being experienced in the country.
According to a news bulletin that was aired by the Swaziland Broadcasting and Information Services (SBIS) on Saturday evening, it was reported that three babies had died of diarrhoea at Matsanjeni Health Centre in Lavumisa.
The station further reported that six were admitted to the same health centre. In a follow up interview, other hospitals were called such as Mankayane, Hlatikhulu and Pigg?s Peak Government Hospitals among others. Even though no one could give an official comment at management
level in all the hospitals as it was a Sunday, it was revealed that a lot of children had been admitted to the health facilities.
... http://www.times.co.sz/news/98123-diarrhoea-outbreak-claims-3-more-lives.html
Diarrhoea death toll; 27
23/07/2014 03:00:00By Winile Masinga
The general observation is that there are diarrheal cases and the majority are children aged less than two years. The children are presenting with diarrhoea and vomiting coupled with fever. Currently, there are 27 deaths reported from all the regions. Health workers are aware of the problem and handling it appropriately through rehydration and have set up oral rehydration therapy corners in all health care facilities
AN official figure of the diarrhoea outbreak death toll stands at 27.
These are children who have died in the past week following a diarrhoea outbreak that has hit the country.
The figure was confirmed by the ministry of health.
The death toll has been rising since the outbreak of the disease about a week ago. Last Friday, 11 death cases were confirmed by the ministry of health. In response to this catastrophe, the ministry has since set up a team of experts to assess the cause and bring the situation under control.
... http://www.observer.org.sz/news/64220-diarrhoea-death-toll-27.html
Five more children die of diarrhoea
24/07/2014 03:00:00 by Winile Masinga
Director of Health Services Dr Vusi Magagula said two deaths were recorded at the RFM hospital, one from Mbabane, Hlatikulu and Good Sheppard hospitals, respectively. This takes the death toll to 32
IT just gets worse.
The ministry of health has revealed that at least five more diarrhoea related deaths have been recorded.
This brings the total number of deaths confirmed by the ministry to 32 since the outbreak was discovered about a week ago...
4 MORE CHILDREN DIE FROM DIARRHOEA
31/07/2014 09:00:00 BY LUNGA MASUKU
MBABANE ? Four more children have died as a result of the diarrhoea outbreak which began about three weeks ago. These figures were given by Prime Minister Sibusiso Barnabas Dlamini at a press conference that was held in Cabinet offices yesterday.
The first figures to be released by Ministry of Health Director of Medical Services Dr Vusi Magagula were that there were 27 deaths and four days later, the ministry announced that five more children had died to bring the number to 32 deaths.
?The latest figures indicate that were four more deaths were reported. The prime minister said since the outbreak, there were 3 042 cases treated in the four regions of the country...