• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Treyfish

Moderator
:tiphat:akwasi sarpong

<s>@</s>akwasisarpong Journalist at BBC World Service. My tweets=my views.

Accra, London, Africa, World


Followed by FAO Newsroom.





  1. akwasi sarpong ‏<s>@</s>akwasisarpong <small class="time"> 52m </small>
    For latest on suspected <s>#</s>ebola virus investigation in <s>#</s>Gha by Ministry of Health ff <s>@</s>BBCAfrica's <s>@</s>Sammy_Darko in Accra. Results tomorrow
    Details

  2. akwasi sarpong ‏<s>@</s>akwasisarpong <small class="time"> 1h </small>
    Public asked to be calm as "we wait for the result from the blood sample taken for test". "...we have everything under control." Signed:PRO

 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Via 233 Live News: Nyaho Clinic Records Ghana?s First Ebola Case? Excerpt:
Unconfirmed reports reaching 233livenews indicates that, Nyaho Clinic, a private hospital in Accra has recorded Ghana?s first case of the deadly Ebola virus.​
It is reported that a patient (rumored to be from Guinea) is said to have died of the disease at the hospital. All staff and medical officers who attended to the victim have since been quarantined.​
A source at hospital revealed that the case has been reported to the Noguchi Institute for tests to confirm the virus strain since the hospital cannot independently confirm the victim died of ebola virus. :tiphat:http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/2014/07/an-ebola-case-in-ghana.html
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

<header class="entry-header"> :tiphat:Crofs Nyaho Clinic Records Ghana’s First Ebola Case?

Posted on <time class="entry-date" datetime="2014-07-06T20:18:14+00:00" pubdate="">July 6, 2014</time> by Jonas Nyabor
</header>
Unconfirmed reports reaching 233livenews indicates that, Nyaho Clinic, a private hospital in Accra has recorded Ghana’s first case of the deadly Ebola virus.
It is reported that a patient (rumored to be from Guinea) is said to have died of the disease at the hospital. All staff and medical officers who attended to the victim have since been quarantined.

A source at hospital revealed that the case has been reported to the Noguchi Institute for tests to confirm the virus strain since the hospital cannot independently confirm the victim died of ebola virus.
The unnamed capricious ebola virus strain has since February 2014 spread throughout Guinea and beyond the nation’s borders in West Africa. At least 779 infections and over 500 deaths have so far been reported.
Sierra Leone, Mali and Ghana identified suspected cases by mid-April, but all clinical samples of suspected cases tested negative for the ebola virus.:tiphat: http://233livenews.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/nyaho-clinic-records-ghanas-first-ebola-case/
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Monday, 7 July 2014

An American (name withheld) has been quarantined at the Nyaho clinic in Accra for a suspected Ebola case.

Citi News sources at the Health Ministry say the American who reported at the hospital with fever had previously visited Guinea and Sierra Leone...
The Health Ministry in a statement said ?the suspected fever case recorded at the Nyaho Clinic has not been confirmed yet by Noguchi Memorial Research Centre?.

It further stated that: ?the Ministry has put in place every precautionary measure at that clinic, including additional support of Public Health staff from the Ministry, directive to quarantine patient and clinical staff, supply of protective gowns for the staff of that hospital?.

It urged the general public to remain calm as it awaits the results from the blood sample taken for test, insisting that it has the situation under control.,,:tiphat:http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=315764
..
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Suspected Ebola case in Ghana
The Ministry of Health wishes to inform the general public that the suspected fever case recorded at the Nyaho Clinic has not been confirmed yet by Noguchi Memorial Research Centre.

Meanwhile the Ministry has put in place every precautionary measures at that clinic include additional support of Public Health staff from the Ministry, directive to quarantine patient and clinical staff, supply of protective gowns for staff of that hospital

The Ministry has also directed that the case remain at that clinic and retreated until otherwise whilst we wait for the laboratory result from the Noguchi Memorial Research Centre.

We expect the general public to remain calm as we wait for the result from the blood sample taken for test

We will like to assure the general public that we have everything under control.
Signed:
Tony Goodman
Public Relations Officer
Ministry of Health


:tiphat:http://www.citifmonline.com/2014/07/06/ebola-alert-nugochi-yet-to-confirm-nyaho-fever-case-moh/
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

7 July 2014 Last updated at 08:11 ET

Ebola outbreak: Ghana tests US man


A US citizen is being tested for the Ebola virus in Ghana, which has had no confirmed cases of the virus in the current West African outbreak.
The man has been quarantined at the private Nyaho Clinic in the capital, Accra, health officials say.
The virus has so far killed more than 460 people since it broke out in Guinea in February and spread to neighbouring Liberia and Sierra Leone.
It is the world's deadliest outbreak to date and there is no cure for Ebola.
The US embassy in Accra said it had been informed that a US citizen was being tested but would not give any more details, Reuters news agency reports.
'Under control' The man was believed to have visited Guinea and Sierra Leone in recent weeks.
Ghana's health ministry said it had put in place "precautionary measures" and people should stay calm.
Staff at the clinic had also been quarantined and provided with protective clothing, it added in a statement. :tiphat:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28192398
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Health News of Monday, 7 July 2014
Nyaho fever case not yet proven to be Ebola ? Health Ministry

The Ministry of Health says the Noguchi Memorial Research Centre has not confirmed the suspected fever case recorded at the Nyaho Clinic yet.

It says it has put in place every precautionary measure at that clinic, including additional support of Public Health staff from the Ministry, ?to quarantine patient and clinical staff [and] supply of protective gowns for staff of that hospital.?

The Ministry says it has also directed that the case should remain at that clinic and re-treated until otherwise, while ?we wait for the laboratory result from the Noguchi Memorial Research Centre.?

A statement signed by the Ministry?s Public Relations Officer, Tony Goodman said: ?We expect the general public to remain calm as we wait for the result from the blood sample taken for test.?

?We will like to assure the general public that we have everything under control,? it added.:tiphat:http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=315868
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Jul 07, 2014 at 3:13pm
Reported Case of Ebola Not Confirmed Yet - MoH
The Ministry of Health has denied that there is an Ebola case at a private clinic in Accra.

In a statement, the P.R. O of the Ministry, Tony Goodman said, the suspected fever case recorded at the facility has not been confirmed as Ebola.

According to him, the sample has been sent to the Noguchi Memorial Research Centre for examination and the result is expected to be out by close of today.

In the meantime, Mr. Goodman said, precautionary measures have been taken to ensure that it does not spread if it turns out to be true.:tiphat:http://www.gbcghana.com/1.1775592
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana

:tiphat:Negative so far..
U.S. citizen in Ghana tests negative for Ebola


ACCRA Mon Jul 7, 2014 6:15pm EDT

(Reuters) - A U.S. citizen suspected of having Ebola because he fell ill after visiting West African states battling the disease has tested negative, a senior Ministry of Health official told Reuters on Monday.
The man, who has not being named, is in quarantine at Nyaho clinic in Accra and the blood tests were conducted at Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research in the city.
"It is negative," Badu Sarkodie, head of disease surveillance at the Ghana Health Service, told Reuters, adding that further tests would be conducted...
A previous suspected Ebola case in Ghana also tested negative in April. <for a="" map="" of="" the="" region="" affected="" by="" ebola,="" please="" click="" on="" <a="" href="http://link.reuters.com/fyj32w" target="_blank">link.reuters.com/fyj32w> :tiphat:http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/07/us-health-ebola-ghana-idUSKBN0FC0ZF20140707</for>
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Tests negative

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Tests negative

  1. antonella sinopoli ‏<s>@</s>antosinopoli <small class="time"> 16m </small>
    US citizen suspected to carry <s>#</s>Ebola in <s>#</s>Ghana died. Blood was send in USA to be tested. Sources say the first test was wrong.
    Expand


  2. francis white ‏<s>@</s>francizwhite <small class="time"> 17m </small>
    <s>@</s>akwasisarpong Health authorities promise further test in the <s>#</s>USA as initial test may have been inconclusive. <s>#</s>Ebola <s>#</s>GHA

 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Tests negative

Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Tests negative

Nyaho Clinic suspected Ebola virus patient dies

<small style="line-height:20px;"> Source: Ghana|Myjoyonline.com|Nathaniel Yankson
Date: 08-07-2014 Time: 12:07:38:pm </small>
An Ebola virus patient being carried on a stretcher



The American who was suspected to be carrying the Ebola virus at the Nyaho Clinic in Accra is reported dead after blood testing on him revealed signs of the disease were glaring.
The said American, name withheld, died yesterday afternoon while under surveillance at the infirmary.
He arrived from Guinea on Sunday and reported at the clinic for medical attention.
As a result, Ghana?s Health Ministry is currently having a crunch meeting with stakeholders on the matter.
The said meeting is supposed to strategize on how to contain the deadly Ebola virus, should it break out in the country.
There have been some 467 deaths of 759 cases reported in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia by the close of June 30, this year.
The initial tests run on the American, now deceased, according to the source, was inconclusive because the officials used the wrong reagent.
The sources, who are medical practitioners, told Joy News ?the test should have taken Noguchi not more than five hours.?
But Myjoyonline.com learnt from the Public Relations Officer of the Health Ministry, Tony Goodman that his outfit had requested for some reagents from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology to further help with the investigations.
Signals are that the blood samples could also be flown to Atlanta in the United States for further testing.
Early on, Head of Disease Surveillance at the Ghana Health Service, Dr. Badu Sarkodie told Joy News more work would be done later today on the sample before a substantive conclusion could be determined. :tiphat:http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2014/July-8th/nyaho-clinic-suspected-ebola-virus-patient-dies.php
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

8 July 2014 Last updated at 12:43 CET 0 Comment
Second Test For Ebola In Ghana Proves Negative

By Gr

Tests for the suspected deadly Ebola virus undertaken by the Nugochi Memorial Research Institute have proved negative, graphic.com.gh has gathered.
..
The Ghana Health Service and the Ministry of Health are expected to provide more information on the development at a press conference today.
Graphic.com.gh will keep readers updated.:tiphat:http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/152114/1/second-test-for-ebola-in-ghana-proves-negative.html
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Ghana: Quarantined American dies of Ebola

APA-Accra (Ghana) An American expatriate who was quarantined by health authorities in Ghana over suspicion of contracting the Ebola virus from Guinea has died.

Health sources quoted in a report aired by Joy FM on Tuesday said the unnamed American was pronounced dead on Monday evening shortly after tests on him at the Nyaho Clinic in Accra suggested that he may have been afflicted with an advanced stage of the infection.

The American was said to have arrived from Ebola-hit Guinea on Sunday and reported at the clinic for medical attention later that day and was subsequently quarantined over suspicion of carrying the virus.

The radio report claimed officials of Ghana’s Health Ministry have been locked in a crunch meeting with stakeholders over the first known Ebola-related death in the country.

The American embassy in Accra has not issued any public statement about the death of their citizen.

...2014-07-08 18:24:22

- See more at: http://www.apanews.net/news/en/article.php?id=608072#sthash.mO1B9HXu.dpuf
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Ebola update: Immigration Service, Ports authorities start screening at entry points

Source: Ghana|Myjoyonline.com|Nathaniel Yankson
Date: 08-07-2014 Time: 08:07:45:pm

The Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Immigration Service, Francis Palm Deti has said new arrangements have been put in place at major entry points to screen foreigners visiting the country.
...
According to him, it is a way of ensuring that possible carriers of the deadly Ebola virus which allegedly killed an American Monday afternoon at the Nyaho Clinic are identified and immediately dhandled properly.

Meanwhile, as a result of the American?s death, Ghana?s Health Ministry met with stakeholders Tuesday to strategize on how to contain the deadly Ebola virus, should it break out in the country.
...
Mr Deti said there were no visible quarantine zones available yet to keep suspected carriers of the virus but assured the PHA would have such a facility somewhere around the entry point to serve as a useful hub to detain persons who have all kinds of ailments.
...
Initial tests run on the American at the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), according to hospital sources, was inconclusive because the officials used the wrong reagent (chemical).
...
The final results of his blood samples are yet to be made public.

Myjoyonline.com also learnt that the samples were likely to be flown to Atlanta in the United States for further testing.
...
http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/201...thorities-start-screening-at-entry-points.php
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Fifty new Ebola cases, 25 deaths in West Africa - WHO

By Stephanie Nebehay
GENEVA Wed Jul 9, 2014 12:24am BST
...
A U.S. citizen who was suspected of having Ebola because he fell ill after travelling to the region affected by Ebola died on Monday in Ghana. The man, who has not been identified, was in quarantine at a clinic in the capital Accra.

Four tests on the man have all proved negative for Ebola, Ghana's health ministry said in a statement late on Tuesday.
...
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/08/us-health-ebola-idUKKBN0FD1KP20140708
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Ghana: 'No Ebola in Ghana yet'

Accra, Ghana (PANA) - The final result of a series of tests conducted by the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) in Accra on blood samples of a US citizen suspected to have died of Ebola fever in Ghana has proved negative.

A statement issued by the Ministry of Health in Accra Tuesday said four tests showed that the patient, who arrived in Ghana from Guinea, one of three countries in West Africa where the fever is causing havoc, did not suffer from Ebola fever.

PANA quoted the statement as saying the patient was rushed to ?one of our hospitals and the clinical presentation led us to suspect Ebola Virus Disease".
It said: ?As most of us are aware, specimens have been sent to NMIMR and results are negative.

After four laboratory tests, all proved negative,? it said.

The ministry advised the public to remain calm and that the Ghana Health Service Surveillance Team was working very hard, especially in the area of public education, to raise the required awareness and get all to practise the highest level of prevention and control measures.

The Ministry of Health (MoH), meanwhile, has activated the National Disease Surveillance Team to contain any possible spread of Ebola fever in the country.
...
09 july 2014 08:46:33

http://www.panapress.com/Ghana---No-Ebola-in-Ghana-yet---15-919195-29-lang2-index.html
 
Re: Suspected Ebola case in Ghana - Initial tests negative

Health News of Thursday, 10 July 2014

Source: Graphic Online

Ebola scare: Body of American to be flown to USA

The body of the American expatriate at the centre of the Ebola virus scare is to be flown back to the United States of America (USA). The expatriate, who is said to have travelled to one of the infected countries in the sub-region, died on Monday, July 7, 2014.

The body is to be released to the American Embassy in Ghana. A source at the Ministry of Health (MoH), who disclosed this to the Daily Graphic, said the four nurses who were also quarantined after they had come into contact with the American before his death were released on Tuesday evening.

No Ebola in Ghana

The release of the followed four tests conducted by the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) which proved that the patient did not suffer from Ebola fever.

Although the American, who died at the Nyaho Medical Centre, on Sunday, July 6, 2014, presented symptoms suggestive of haemorrhagic fever, all the test conducted on him proved that he did not have Ebola fever.
...
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/health/artikel.php?ID=316342
 
Back
Top