Re: Suspected bird flu patient in Surabaya, Indonesia, dies
Got it....
Surabaya, E Java (ANTARA News) - A suspected 20-year male bird flu sufferer who has been treated in Budi Mulia hospital since May 9, died here at 8.3. am on Saturday.
"We cannot yet make any conclusion on the cause of his death, whether or not it was caused by bird flu but a diagnosis indicated a tendency to bird flu," Budi Mulia Hospital Spokesman Octdy Hedrawan said here on Saturday.
Based on the diagnosis and symptions the patient was believed to be a real bird flu sufferer because during medical treatment he continued to suffer from pneumonia and high fever.
The patient was the latest suspected bird flu patient who died in Indonesia.
Last week, six suspected bird flu sufferers also died in North Sumatra`s Karo district.
Two researchers from the World Health Organization (WHO) are currently in Karo district to investigate the way in which a number of residents contracted bird flu.
Six people recently died of the virus in the village of Kubu Simbelang, Tiga Panah, in the district.
Subhas Salunke and Thomas Grein, the WHO researchers, told newsmen after meeting with Karo district head DD Sinulingga that they would collect data that could tell how the virus had come to the region.
The meeting was also attended by the head of the local health service, Dr. Fatni Sulani, and the head of the local animal husbandry service, Rahim Siregar.
It was reported earlier that there were eight suspects in North Sumatra, and four had died, namely ABS (died on May 10), RKK (died on May 9), BKK (died on May 12) and B (died on May 14), which had been declared positive to have been infected with the AI virus by the Health Research and Development of the Ministry of Health.
May 21 00:28 Copyright © 2006 ANTARA