• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Superbug outbreak ends at three Ontario hospitals: health officials

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/...hospitals+health+officials/5080750/story.html


Superbug outbreak ends at three Ontario hospitals: health officials
By Carmen Chai, Postmedia News July 10, 2011 1:46 PM

he death toll linked to a C. difficile outbreak across Ontario has increased, but the number of hospitals battling the superbug is down to seven from 10 hospitals last week, provincial health authorities said Sunday.

At a news conference in Toronto, Ontario Health Minister Deb Matthews said that while St. Catharines General, Greater Niagara General and its rehabilitation centre, and hospitals in Welland, Guelph, Orangeville and Mississauga are still grappling with outbreaks, Toronto East General Hospital and locations in Napanee and Hamilton no longer face them.

"We?re very, very serious about this. C. difficile is an infection that is in hospitals pretty well everywhere," said Matthews, who was joined by Dr. David Williams, the province?s acting chief medical officer.

Williams said the death toll related to C. difficile sat at 12 in St. Catharines, with another four deaths at the Greater Niagara Hospital and three in Welland. There was another death of a patient earlier this week at a Niagara-on-the-Lake hospital bringing the total to 20, the Niagara Health System reported Friday.

Williams said there are still 42 cases of C. difficile in St. Catharines, 13 at the Welland hospital, 14 at the Niagara Falls hospital and another four at the site?s affiliated rehabilitation centre.

?All across the province, there are people with C. difficile in hospitals,? he said...
 
Back
Top