• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

South Sudan says suspected Ebola victim died in border town of Yambio

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
South Sudan says suspected Ebola victim died in border town of Yambio

Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-26 00:34:21|Editor: yan

JUBA, Feb. 25 (Xinhua) -- South Sudan said on Monday that a suspected Ebola victim died last week in Yambio, a border town near the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) where the hemorrhagic fever has created a public health crisis since last year.

The latest weekly update from the World Health Organization (WHO) on Ebola virus disease (EVD) preparedness for South Sudan said a 30-year-old man who was presented to Yambio hospital with symptoms of the disease died after vomiting blood on February 21.
...
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-02/26/c_137849914.htm
 
UN gives South Sudan $2m for Ebola prevention


TUESDAY FEBRUARY 26 2019

The United Nations has given $2 million to South Sudan to support critical Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) preparedness activities in the country.

The EVD activities are preventive measures to protect an estimated 440,000 people in high-risk areas, mostly in Equatoria, which borders the Ebola-hit DR Congo.

In its weekly briefs, the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (Ocha) disclosed that the money would help to strengthen surveillance, build case management capabilities and enhance laboratory services and increase infection prevention and control in Western, Central and Eastern Equatoria.

“The implementation of the preparedness plan continues across border areas considered to be at high risk of EVD. These include entry screening of travellers at selected points, health facility and community-based EVD surveillance, and community engagement,” the agency said
 
Via Twitter, dr Otim Patrick


[FONT=&quot]Preliminary test in Juba using Genxepert was negative for Ebola Zaire. I will check if the PCR results are back from Uganda and will update.[/FONT]


[FONT=&quot]Sorry took long to get back, currently not in Juba. The PCR result for the man was negative for EVD and other VHFS. We continue to maintain heighten surveillance access the high risk states along the border.


That third alert was a child and yes i will update when the result is recieved.


We had one yellow fever case confirmed on PCR in Sakure Payam of Nzara county in November 2018. Additional investigation yielded 2 more convalescent cases on serology in sakure. Reactive vaccination planned. ICGreleased vaccines last week and preparations are in final stages.
[/FONT]
 
Back
Top