• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

South Korea - PyeongChang making 'ultimate possible efforts' to contain norovirus outbreak: IOC official

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
(Olympics) PyeongChang making 'ultimate possible efforts' to contain norovirus: IOC official

2018/02/06 20:39

By Chang Dong-woo

PYEONGCHANG, Feb. 6 (Yonhap) -- A senior International Olympics Committee (IOC) official said Tuesday that organizers of the PyeongChang Winter Games were doing everything possible to contain a norovirus outbreak that occurred near the venue.

Some 1,200 personnel handling security for the PyeongChang Olympics are currently sequestered in their rooms to be tested for norovirus, a contagious virus that causes stomach pain and diarrhea.

The move comes after 41 security guards suffering diarrhea and vomiting tested positive for the virus. The security personnel are currently replaced by some 900 soldiers.
...
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...013300315.html
 
February 7, 2018 10:52 am

Norovirus cases more than double ahead of PyeongChang Olympics

By Leslie Young
National Online Journalist, Investigative Global News

An outbreak of norovirus at Olympic venues in PyeongChang, South Korea, appears to be spreading, with the number of cases more than doubling overnight.

On Tuesday, organizers reported 32 cases of the stomach bug. On Wednesday, they said there were an additional 54 cases, bringing the total to 86.

So far, the illness appears to be confined to security staff as well as three food handlers in the media village. The virus can be spread through food and water contamination and causes severe diarrhea and vomiting.
...
https://globalnews.ca/news/4011105/norovirus-cases-more-than-double-ahead-of-pyeongchang-olympics/
 
Hands off? Players take precautions because of norovirus

By STEPHEN WHYNO, AP HOCKEY WRITER GANGNEUNG, South Korea ? Feb 19, 2018, 2:40 AM ET
...
Officials have told players to fist-bump each other rather than shaking hands to prevent transmission of norovirus, which is highly contagious. U.S. defenseman James Wisniewski's 62-year-old father tested positive for norovirus last week and is one of 49 of 283 confirmed Olympic cases still in quarantine.
...
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/hands-players-take-precautions-because-norovirus
 
Back
Top