• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

South Africa : third swine flu death confirmed

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
SA?s third swine flu death confirmed in Western Cape

SAPA

PUBLISHED: 2009/08/12 02:16:07 PM


South Africa?s third confirmed death by swine flu was of a 42-year-old man from the Western Cape, the Department of Health said on Wednesday.

?The deceased took ill on July and was admitted [to hospital] on August 4 with pneumonia but unfortunately died on the same day,? said health spokesman Fidel Radebe.

Western Cape Department of Health spokeswoman Faiza Steyn said the 42-year-old man, Johann Hack, was from the Strand.

Radebe said there were 1910 confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus, popularly known as swine flu, in South Africa.

The country?s first H1N1 victim reported was 22-year-old Stellenbosch University student Ruan Muller which was reported early last week.

The second confirmation of a swine flu death was of a 15-year-old teenager from Bloemfontein on Saturday.

Radebe said the majority of H1N1 cases were in Gauteng and Western Cape. Northern Cape has had the fewest reported instances of the virus.

He appealed to the public not to panic and said the Department of Health had ?adequate measures in place to deal with the pandemic?.

http://www.bday.co.za/articles/Content.aspx?id=78339
 
Back
Top