• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Re: Sout. Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Re: Sout. Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Nine W Cape babies die of diarrhoea since November
Friday 21 February 2014 11:11
SABC
Poor hygiene is a direct cause of diarrhoea.
Darren Francis
The Western Cape Health Department says at least nine babies have died of diarrhoea since the beginning of the diarrhoea season in November. Diarrhoea season is between November and May.

Health authorities have urged parents and caregivers to take special care of infants and children under the age of five during this period.
...
http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/84630c...W-Cape-babies-die-of-diarrhoea-since-November
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Bloemhof death toll rises - two more babies die from diarrhoea
Sapa | 02 June, 2014 08:36

Two more babies have died from diarrhoea in Bloemhof where the water has been contaminated, the North West health department said on Monday.

"One baby was seven-months-old and the other was 13-months-old," said spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane.

The circumstances surrounding their deaths were similar to the first baby that died last Wednesday, he said.

Dozens of residents went to local clinics to be checked out last week following the contamination. Five babies were admitted to hospital for observation.
...
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...ll-rises---two-more-babies-die-from-diarrhoea
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Minister confirms contaminated water caused Bloemhof diarrhoea

South Africa Sunday 1 June 2014 - 5:32pm

Contaminated water has been blamed for a diarrhoea outbreak in the town of Bloemhof in the North West. Picture: eNCA
BLOEMHOF - Water and sanitation minister Nomvula Mokonyane on Sunday confirmed that contaminated water is behind a diarrhoea outbreak in the town of Bloemhof in the North West.

She confirmed this on a visit to the area.

So far, three babies have died and hundreds have been treated for diarrhoea in the town.
...
http://www.enca.com/south-africa/mi...minated-water-caused-bloemhof-diarrhoea-issue
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

By Sowetan, Updated: 2014-06-02
Deadly bacteria suspected to have claimed baby's life
Water contaminated with the ecoli bacteria is suspected to have caused the death of a child and the illness of residents in Bloemhof.

Boitumelo TshehleNorth West Correspondent

WATER contaminated with the ecoli bacteria is suspected to have caused the death of a child and the illness of residents in Bloemhof, North West.

Last week, nine-month-old Letlhogonolo Sehau died and 300 cases of diarrhoea were reported in the town.

Ecoli is a type of bacteria that normally lives in human and animal intestines.

Provincial health department spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said at the weekend they expected the test results to be released today.
...
http://news.howzit.msn.com/deadly-bacteria-suspected-to-have-claimed-babys-life
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

21 babies admitted to North West hospital for diarrhoea
Sapa | 03 June, 2014 09:40

A total of 21 babies from Bloemhof, North West, have been admitted to hospital for diarrhoea since last week, the provincial health department said on Tuesday.

Eleven babies had been admitted to Bloemhof hospital, while another 10 had been transferred to bigger hospitals in Klerksdorp and Christiana, spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said.

This follows over 300 people experiencing diarrhoea in the area due to a water contamination that left the town without water last week.
...
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/06/03/21-babies-admitted-to-north-west-hospital-for-diarrhoea
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Source: http://www.enca.com/bloemhof-diarrhoea-cases-drop


Bloemhof diarrhoea cases drop
South Africa
Sunday 8 June 2014 - 6:03pm


JOHANNESBURG - The number of babies from Bloemhof, North West, who are being admitted to hospital for diarrhoea were drastically reducing, the provincial health department said on Sunday.

"There are only five babies who are being kept for observation," spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said...
 
Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/diarrhoea-outbreak-in-gauteng-1.1717566#.U757TKhpehc


Diarrhoea outbreak in Gauteng
July 10 2014 at 11:31am
By Kennedy Mudzuli

Pretoria - A probe by the City of Tshwane and the Gauteng Department of Health is under way following an outbreak of diarrhoea in Hammanskraal.

A red flag was raised after the Jubilee Gateway clinic and Temba community health centre in Hammanskraal saw and treated 25 people for the condition last Friday alone.

The situation reached crisis proportions as numbers continued to increase during the weekend, and by Wednesday afternoon 73 had been treated at the same facilities...
 
Back
Top