• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Seventh Nova Scotian dies of H1N1

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9014285.html


Seventh Nova Scotian dies of H1N1

By JOHN McPHEE Health Reporter
Wed. Dec 2 - 12:23 PM

A seventh person has died in Nova Scotia from the H1N1 virus since the outbreak began in the spring, the Public Health Agency of Canada reported today.

The person died between Nov. 26 and Dec. 1. No further details were available.

The province's chief medical officer, Dr. Robert Strang, is scheduled to update the H1N1 situation in the province today at 2 p.m.

(jmcphee@herald.ca)
 
Re: Seventh Nova Scotian dies of H1N1

HALIFAX, N.S. ? The Nova Scotia government says at the end of last week it had distributed enough H1N1 vaccine to inoculate almost 40 per cent of the province's population.

Dr. Robert Strang, the province's chief public health officer, says he doesn't know how many people have been vaccinated.

But he says the number of doses that have been distributed is a "fair estimate" in determining how many people have been vaccinated.

As of Friday, the province had distribute enough vaccine to immunize 38.6 per cent of the population.

The province also released the latest swine flu figures today, saying seven people in the province have now died from H1N1-related illnesses.

The department says there were eight new hospitalizations last week of people with lab-confirmed H1N1.


Strang says that even though the outbreak seems to be decreasing, everyone needs to get vaccinated.

The province says the percentage of emergency room visits with influenza-like illness has also decreased.

Copyright ? 2009 The Canadian Press

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jk3UXWa00qlxc1gImKmHjD1-tA_Q
 
Back
Top