• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Second Briton killed in Haiti quake

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
British victim of Haiti earthquake disaster named

</EM>
Monday, 18 January 2010

United Nations worker Frederick Wooldridge was last night confirmed as the first Briton to have died in the Haiti earthquake.

Mr Wooldridge's family paid tribute to him saying he ?loved? his work with the UN where he was a senior political affairs and planning officer.

They said: ?Frederick was a much-loved member of a close family. He leaves behind his wife, his parents, brother and sister, grandmother and extended family. He had many friends in the UN and beyond, particularly Geneva where he loved skiing and mountaineering.?

Mr Wooldridge (41), from Kent, studied at the London School of Oriental and African Studies before working for the UN in Geneva, Liberia and then moving to Haiti in 2007.


Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/british-victim-of-haiti-earthquake-disaster-named-14639213.html#ixzz0cz48KoQ5
 
Second Briton killed in Haiti quake

Second Briton killed in Haiti quake

Thu Jan 28, 3:37 AM

<!-- phugc -->
LONDON (AFP) - The body of a British woman working for the UN has been identified more than two weeks after the Haiti earthquake, officials said Wednesday, the second confirmed death of a Briton in the disaster.

Ann Barnes, 59, had been missing since the huge magnitude 7.0 quake hit the Caribbean nation on January 12.

Relatives feared she was buried with colleagues in the rubble of the United Nations' headquarters in Port-au-Prince.

"We can confirm the death of a second British national in the Haiti earthquake," said a foreign ministry spokeswoman.

"The UN has confirmed to us the body of Ann Barnes has been identified."

United Nations worker Frederick Wooldridge, 41, was the first Briton to be confirmed dead after perishing with dozens of his colleagues.

Read more at:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100128/world/haiti_quake_britain
 
Back
Top