• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

SD: Five state deaths from flu, three in Custer

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/article_d8c401ba-517d-11e0-92c6-001cc4c002e0.html

Five state deaths from flu, three in Custer
Lynn Taylor Rick Journal staff Rapid City Journal
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 10:48 am |

Three elderly Custer County residents and two teenagers from Minnehaha and Lincoln counties have died from influenza.

The South Dakota Department of Health reported Friday that while flu cases are on the decline statewide and nationally, five new deaths indicate that influenza remains a threat. The new deaths put the total deaths in South Dakota for this season at 11, with the median age of those patients 86. Deaths have occurred in Douglas, McCook, Shannon and Turner counties, in addition to Custer, Minnehaha and Lincoln.

Forty-three new confirmed cases were reported in South Dakota for the past week which puts the total confirmed cases at 553.

State epidemiologist Lon Kightlinger said the three Custer County deaths occurred in patients in their 80s and 90s.

The teenagers both had underlying health issues...

...Last year, 24 South Dakotans died from the flu...
 
Back
Top