• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Rwanda: No More Swine Flu Cases-Gov't

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Rwanda: No More Swine Flu Cases-Gov't
Irene V. Nambi
1 February 2010


Kigali ? After four months of battling with the infectious influenza A, H1N1 commonly known as Swine Flu, there are no more cases of infection in the country, an official in the Ministry of Health, Dr. Justin Wane yesterday revealed.

According to Wane who heads the Swine Flu response team, the most recent confirmed cases were those in Kigali Central Prison commonly known as 1930 but as per last week all cases had fully recovered.

"Since last week, we have not received any reports about emerging cases and certainly the situation is under control now. We mainly attribute the success of this fight to increased hygiene among all Rwandans.


"It is also important to note that those who contracted the flu made it a point not to infect others. Behavioral change also contributed a great deal to this achievement and we hope that the situation will remain as it is," Wane explained.

The first case of the influenza was first reported in Mexico in April last year. The deadly flu later spread to all continents of the world hitting the country on October 7.

Officials note that so far about 400 cases have been treated and recovered fully. "The rate at which the patients were recovering is truly commendable and since its confirmation in the country, cases have not been severe but rather very mild," Wane said.

The Ministry of Health, through TRAC Plus, the National Reference Laboratory and other organs, continue to monitor the situation closely and work on improving the emergency preparedness capacity and surveillance.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201002010605.html
 
Back
Top