• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Romania - Covid-19: 101,075 cases, 4,100 deaths

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
febr 23, 2020

A woman from Buzau, arrived in Romania today, called the ambulance as soon as she got off the bus after presenting the symptoms of coronavirus. From the first information it appears that the woman had come into contact with a person who is suspected of the killer virus in Italy. The authorities of Buzon are on alert.


Coronavirus alert in Romania on Sunday night in Buzau after a 40-year-old woman got off the bus that brought her from Italy, where she had been to work. Near Buzau, the woman was beginning to feel ill, and when she got off the bus, she called the ambulance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
febr 23, 2020

The 52-year-old Buzoianca who came from Italy, from a quarantined locality due to the coronavirus, will spend the night in a decommissioned building at the Infectious Diseases Section of the Buzău County Hospital, specially arranged for such cases.

The samples that will be taken during the night will be sent to the Matei Balş Institute.

On Monday morning, the woman will be transferred to the former camp in Arbănaşi, a space identified and established by the authorities to monitor any suspected coronavirus.

People who traveled by bus with the 52-year-old mailman who came in contact with a person with coronavirus signs continued to Galaţi.

Here, the driver and the last two passengers in the car were taken by the authorities of this county, medically investigated and, depending on their condition, they will be transported to the hospital or sent home to quarantine.
 
https://www.rferl.org/a/romania-fin...id-19-case-contact-with-italian/30457117.html
BUCHAREST -- Romania's health minister has confirmed the first coronavirus infection in the Southeastern European country.

Health Minister Victor Costache told a news briefing on February 26 that a man from the southwestern county of Gorj has tested positive, adding that his condition at this time was good and that he was not showing symptoms.

Costache said the man, who was not identified, had contact with a 71-year-old Italian from Rimini during a hunting trip in Romania.
...snip
 
Two more cases of coronavirus confirmed in Romania

28 February 2020

Two more patients tested positive for coronavirus in Romania, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to three.

Nelu Tataru, Secretary of State in the Romanian Ministry of Health, announced on Friday, February 28, that the two patients are from the counties of Maramures (in northern Romania) and Timis (in western Romania), local Adevarul reported. Both returned to the country this week, from Italy.

One of the two patients is a 45-year-old man from Maramures who returned to Romania on February 25. The second one is a 38-year-old woman from Timisoara, who also returned to Romania on February 25, from Bergamo. They will receive treatment in regional centers.
 
https://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/actua...ane-se-afla-in-carantina-in-acest-moment.html
The fourth case of coronavirus infection was confirmed in Romania, the Strategic Communication Group announced.

UPDATE - The fourth case of coronavirus infection has been confirmed

On Tuesday afternoon, the fourth case of infection with the new coronavirus in Romania was confirmed COVID 19.

It is about a 47-year-old man from Timisoara, who was contacted by the woman found positive on February 28, 2020 and who returned from Italy.

Specifically, the man traveled with the 38-year-old woman on the same plane, on her right side, on February 20, 2020, with a flight returning from Italy.

As of February 28, 2020, the man, considered a direct contact, was in self-isolation at home with his family.
 
Source: http://www.canindia.com/covid-19-infection-cases-reach-6-in-romania/

COVID-19 infection cases reach 6 in Romania
March 4, 2020
Author: CanIndia New Wire Service

Bucharest, March 5 (IANS) A 71-year-old man from northern Romania tested positive on Wednesday with COVID-19, becoming thus the second confirmed case of the day and the sixth so far in the eastern European country.

The patient returned from Lombardy last Friday and was in self-quarantine. All infected people so far in Romania can be traced back to Italy, the Xinhua news agency reported.

The man showed up Monday at a local hospital in Suceava with fever and chills, and was immediately hospitalized, according to the Strategic Communication Group, a government agency authorised to publish official public information...
 
https://www.romania-insider.com/coronavirus-cases-seven-romania

Eight confirmed cases, three patients declared 'cured' and released.

Update: A woman from Olt county also tested positive for Covid-19 on Friday, according to G4media.ro. As a result, the total number of confirmed cases went up to eight.
Initial story: One more patient tested positive for coronavirus in Romania, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to seven. Meanwhile, three of the patients diagnosed with Covid-19 have been declared cured.
A young girl from Timisoara, classmate of the 16-year-old patient diagnosed on Wednesday, also tested positive for coronavirus, according to Digi24.ro. She was transferred to the Victor Babes hospital in Timisoara.
 
https://www.romania-insider.com/coro...-march-19-2020
Seventeen new coronavirus cases have been recorded in Romania since the evening of Wednesday, March 18, bringing the total number of cases to 277, the Strategic Communication Group at the Interior Affairs Ministry (MAI) said on Thursday, March 19 (13:00).
Of these, 25 people were declared cured and discharged from hospital – 16 in Timișoara, 8 in Bucharest, and 1 in Iași.
 
Source: https://seenews.com/news/romania-reports-31-new-coronavirus-cases-total-count-reaches-308-691665

Romania reports 31 new coronavirus cases, total count reaches 308
Author
Nicoleta Banila
Mar 20, 2020 14:47 EEST
Romania reports 31 new coronavirus cases, total count reaches 308 Source: INSP

BUCHAREST (Romania), March 20 (SeeNews) - Romania has confirmed a total of 308 coronavirus cases as of Friday, compared to 277 a day earlier, data from the National Institute of Public Health, INSP, shows.

Thirty-one of those 277 people have been cured and discharged from hospital, according to health ministry data.

As of Friday, 4,044 people are in quarantine in Romania, while the condition of 245,432 people staying at home is being monitored...
 
https://www.romania-insider.com/coro...cases-march-21
The number of confirmed coronavirus infection cases in Romania has reached 367, according to official data released by the Strategic Communication Group on Saturday, March 21, at 13:00. The number of cases has increased by 59 in the last 24 hours, according to the same source.

The increased number of infections in the last 24 hours is an alarm signal and that intra-community transmission is a reality, Horatiu Moldovan, a secretary of state in the Health Ministry, told Digi24. He also explained that the most exposed persons (to more severe forms of the Covid-19 infection) are those over 70 years old and that the authorities consider the possibility of isolating them at home.
 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-south-america
Romania confirms first death from coronavirus


Romania has today confirmed its first death in the due to coronavirus, Reuters reports.

The deceased was a 67-year-old man who had been suffering from terminal cancer, the government said. He was confirmed to be infected with coronavirus on 18 March and was being treated in a hospital in the southern Romanian city of Craiova.

Romania, which has recorded 367 cases of coronavirus to date, declared a state of emergency on 16 March.
 
Coronavirus in Romania: 143 new cases in 24 hours, total reaches 576, five deaths


23 March 2020
Romania Insider

The number of confirmed Covid-19 infection cases in Romania has increased by about a third in the last 24 hours, according to new data released by the Strategic Communication Group.

The 143 new cases recorded since the previous update have brought the total number of cases confirmed in Romania to 576.

Moreover, two more people have lost their lives due to the new coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the total death toll to four. The four victims were all over 60 and had preexisting medical conditions.
...

https://www.romania-insider.com/coro...cases-march-23
 
14 Deaths Caused By Coronavirus In Romania. 906 Infections Overall, 144 New Cases Reported On Wednesday

By Diana Salceanu
Last updated Mar 25, 2020

The first deaths of those infected with novel Coronavirus have been reported in the past days on Romania’s territory. 14 people have died so far. They all had serious pre-existing medical conditions.

The Strategic Communication Group has announced on Wednesday there are 906 total cases of COVID-19 in Romania, with 144 new ones.

Among the total of 906 infected, 86 have been declared cured and were discharged from hospitals (53 in Timișoara, 23 in Bucharest, 6 in Craiova, 2 in Constanța, one in Cluj and one in Iași).

The age of the newly infected patients ranges form 3yo to 79 years old.

At this moment, 18 patients are at intensive care, with 8 in serious condition.



The Strategic Communication Group had reported on Tuesday at 13:00hrs that 764 people tested positive for COVID-19 so far. Out of 764, 79 have been declared cured and were discharged from hospitals (53 in Timișoara, 19 in Bucharest, 3 in Craiova, 2 in Constanța, one in Cluj and one in Iași).

From Monday to Tuesday, there has been 186 new cases reported. The age of the recently diagnosed patients ranges from 4 to 85 years old.

The Strategic Communication Group had announced on Monday at 13:00hrs that there are a total of 576 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Romania so far, with 143 new...:tiphat:https://www.romaniajournal.ro/societ...-on-wednesday/
 
Back
Top