• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Raul Castro confirms 41st swine flu death- 1000 cases

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/300332,raul-castro-confirms-41st-swine-flu-death.html

Raul Castro confirms 41st swine flu death

Havana - Swine flu has claimed 41 lives on the Caribbean island of Cuba, President Raul Castro announced on Sunday. A total of 973 persons have been infected by the H1N1 virus, he said.

The previous official death toll from swine flu was only seven.

Castro announced preventive measures in anticipation of the arrival of tourists from the northern hemisphere as winter vacation time begins.

During a speech to the Parliament, which meets twice a year, Castro outlined a successful fight against the epidemic. He said 57,000 people had been put in hospital as a preventive measure, and another 11,000 people had been examined at home, Castro said.
 
Re: Raul Castro confirms 41st swine flu death- 1000 cases

Source: http://www.prensa-latina.cu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=149219&Itemid=1

Cuba on alert in second wave of influenza A (H1N1)

Written by Roberto Hernandez
Friday, December 25th, 2009
December 25, 2009, 08:30 Image activate it Havana, Dec 25 (Prensa Latina) The deputy minister of Public Health (Health Ministry) Luis Estruch called for measures of precaution against the second wave of influenza A (H1N1) that caused the death 41 people and the spread of a few thousand people in Cuba.

"We have, so far, fewer than a thousand cases were confirmed. There may be more, but only supported by a sample virological data are accepted as official," the deputy minister told the newspaper Granma.

Responsible for Hygiene, Epidemiology and Microbiology in the MINSAP no country can afford to undertake reviews of all those suspected of having the virus, as the analysis of each sample costs about $ 100.

Estruch said the disease is not treated in time cause danger to life, given the resources of the country capacity in hospitals, therapy services, the oxygen, antibiotics and other drugs.

In Cuba, the first cases were detected in May, with the return of three Mexican students in classes, and by September the disease was all over the country, with a greater degree in the West, recalled the vice minister.

As part of the Cuban strategy to face the A (H1N1), the official said special control pregnant and disabled children, vulnerable population groups.

Also called to strengthen the searches at ports and airports to the massive arrival of tourists from December to February, in addition to the return of Cuban collaborators abroad and foreign scholars.

ocs / ro
Last Updated (Friday, December 25th, 2009)

Alertan en Cuba sobre segunda oleada de influenza A (H1N1)

Escrito por Roberto Hern?ndez
viernes, 25 de diciembre de 2009
25 de diciembre de 2009, 08:30Imagen activaLa Habana, 25 dic (PL) El viceministro de Salud P?blica (MINSAP) Luis Estruch llam? a extremar medidas de precauci?n ante la segunda oleada de la influenza A(H1N1), que caus? ya la muerte de 41 personas y el contagio de unas mil personas en Cuba.

"Tenemos, hasta el momento, menos de mil casos confirmados. Puede que existan m?s, pero s?lo los avalados por una muestra virol?gica son aceptados como datos oficiales", expres? el vicetitular en declaraciones al peri?dico Granma.

Para el responsable de Higiene, Epidemiolog?a y Microbiolog?a en el MINSAP ning?n pa?s puede darse el lujo de realizar ex?menes a todos los sospechosos de tener el virus, pues el an?lisis de cada muestra cuesta unos 100 d?lares.

Estruch se?al? que la enfermedad tratada a tiempo no entra?a peligro para la vida, dados los recursos con que cuenta el pa?s de capacidades en hospitales, servicios de terapia, la oxigenaci?n, los antibi?ticos y dem?s medicamentos.

En Cuba, los primeros casos se detectaron en mayo, con el regreso de tres estudiantes mexicanos a clases, y ya en septiembre la enfermedad se encontraba en todo el pa?s, con mayor grado en la zona occidental, record? el viceministro.

Como parte de la estrategia cubana para enfrentar la A (H1N1), el funcionario mencion? el control especial sobre embarazadas y ni?os discapacitados, los grupos poblacionales m?s vulnerables.

Adem?s llam? a fortalecer las pesquisas en puertos y aeropuertos ante el arribo masivo de turistas de diciembre a febrero, adem?s del retorno de colaboradores cubanos en el exterior y de becarios extranjeros.

ocs/ro
Modificado el ( viernes, 25 de diciembre de 2009 )
 
Back
Top