• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Pierce County's 10th H1N1 death confirmed

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Pierce County's 10th H1N1 death confirmed

THE OLYMPIAN
Published: 11/21/09 12:00 am | Updated: 11/21/09 8:30 am
<!-- end BYLINE -->
<!-- STORY BODY -->

The number of officially confirmed swine flu deaths in Pierce County climbed to 10 Friday.

The latest victim was a man in his mid-60s who died in a Pierce County hospital over the weekend, according to the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.

The H1N1 connection was established when samples sent to the state health laboratory tested positive for the virus.

The man?s death was somewhat unusual, Health Department spokesman Dick Ferguson said, because, unlike most other victims so far, the man had no underlying health conditions making him more vulnerable to H1N1.

A 16-year old Buckley girl who died in Pierce County last week turned out not to have swine flu, Ferguson said. The Health Department sent the girl?s samples to the state lab for testing because she showed flu symptoms.

As of Friday, 138 people in Pierce County have been hospitalized with confirmed cases of H1N1 since May.

Rob Carson, The News Tribune

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/partners/story/963574.html
 
Back
Top