• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines: Diarrhea outbreak hits 500+, killing six, in Davao Oriental barangay - Cholera

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/15484...ts-350-killing-one-in-davao-oriental-barangay

Diarrhea outbreak hits 350, killing one, in Davao Oriental barangay
By: Romy Elusfa
Inquirer Mindanao / 12:58 AM February 02, 2022

CARAGA, Davao Oriental, Philippines — A diarrhea outbreak in Barangay Santiago in this town has hit more than 350 people, killing a man, which prompted local officials to seek the help of higher government offices.

Cludualdo Tucasan, a resident of Sitio Lower Manzanas in Barangay Santiago, died after being admitted for diarrhea at a hospital in Mati City at around 2 p.m. on Tuesday...
 
Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1550139/cholera-spreads-to-7-davao-or-villages

Cholera spreads to 7 Davao Oriental villages
By: Romy Elusfa
Inquirer Mindanao / 05:04 AM February 05, 2022

CARAGA, DAVAO ORIENTAL — Health officials in this municipality have confirmed that the diarrhea outbreak experienced here early this week was caused by cholera, as the disease spread to six more villages.

Three residents—aged 11 months old; and 36 and 57 years old—died of the disease that has affected a total of 461 people as of Friday...
 
Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1551284/still-no-calamity-status-in-town-hit-by-cholera

Still no calamity status in town hit by cholera
Philippine Daily Inquirer / 04:35 AM February 08, 2022

CARAGA, Davao Oriental, Philippines — As the cholera death toll climbs to six and cases surge to more than 500 here, the Sangguniang Bayan has yet to declare the town under state of calamity to usher in the release of funds that would address the outbreak and provide relief to those affected.

Caraga Vice Mayor Melody Anne Benitez on Monday said they had been awaiting the transmittal of the recommendation from the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (LDRRMC) since early last week so they could place the town under a state of calamity but the document has not been forwarded to them...
 
Source: https://businessmirror.com.ph/2022/02/12/cholera-in-time-of-contagion/

Cholera in time of contagion
Hundreds of Davao Oriental residents fall victim to water-borne diseases as the virus sweeps across the Philippines in January.
byManuel Cayon
February 12, 2022

IN the final week of January in the eastern coastal province of Davao Oriental, hordes of residents from Caraga town were rushed to a district hospital in another town, or to the medical center in the capital town of Mati.

They were all complaining of gastrointestinal pains, and rectal swabs done at the government’s Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City confirmed the presence of the Vibrio cholerae bacteria, which causes cholera.

By the first week of February, some 491 residents of Caraga’s barangays Santiago, San Jose, T. Pichon, PM Sobrecarey, Poblacion and DL Bolante were all sent to hospitals for treatment. Unfortunately, six died.

Caraga later declared a state of calamity.

Cause unknown

THE municipal government of Caraga has constructed a makeshift hospital at its evacuation center to accommodate patients from the affected barangays. Severely dehydrated patients were sent to the Davao Oriental Provincial Hospital in the neighboring town of Manay...
 
Back
Top