• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines: 2016 Diarrhea outbreaks

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.rappler.com/nation/135208-diarrhea-outbreak-eastern-visayas


Diarrhea outbreak in Eastern Visayas kills 13

A health official says only few in the region have access to clean water, leaving the majority vulnerable to waterborne diseases by simply drinking water
Jazmin Bonifacio
Published 6:18 PM, June 03, 2016
Updated 6:18 PM, June 03, 2016

TACLOBAN CITY, Philippines ? A diarrhea outbreak has afflicted 14 towns in Eastern Visayas, leaving 13 people dead and 1,370 admitted in hospitals.

The Department of Health (DOH) in Eastern Visayas reported fecal contamination of drinking water in parts of the region...
 
Source: http://tempo.com.ph/2016/06/09/diarrhea-outbreak-kills-19-in-samar/


Diarrhea outbreak kills 19 in Samar
June 9, 2016 | Filed under: News,Regional | Posted by: Tempo Online

TACLOBAN CITY ? Death toll from diarrhea outbreak in Samar provinces rose to 19 this week, with 1,456 persons have fallen ill to the disease caused by contaminated water and poor sanitation, the Department of Health (DoH) reported.

The DoH regional epidemiology and surveillance unit (RESU) received reports yesterday morning of three new fatalities from the towns of Catarman and Pambujan in Northern Samar. New casualties are children below five years old...
 
Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/diarrhea-outbreak-kills-33-in-samar-nearly-3000-persons-fall-ill/

Diarrhea outbreak kills 33 in Samar, nearly 3,000 persons fall ill
June 11, 2016 (updated)
By Roel T. Amazona, Philippine News Agency

TACLOBAN CITY, June 10 ? The diarrhea outbreak in different parts of Samar province have already claimed 33 lives as of Friday, raising alarm among health authorities as 2,947 persons fell ill from this water-borne disease.

The Department of Health (DOH) formed a task force this week to look into diarrhea cases in Samar provinces, plaguing poor communities since last month...
 
Source: http://thestandard.com.ph/news/-provinces/208155/44-die-in-e-visayas-diarrhea-outbreak.html


44 die in E. Visayas diarrhea outbreak
posted June 14, 2016 at 12:01 am by
The Standard

PALO, Leyte?The death toll from the diarrhea outbreak in Eastern Visayas has reached 44 this week with 3,496 sickened by contaminated water and poor sanitation, the Department of Health regional office here reported on Monday.

DOH Regional Director Minerva Molon said the number of casualties continues to rise even as local health officials have stepped up monitoring efforts in the bid to contain the illness...
 
Source: http://interaksyon.com/article/129078/diarrhea-outbreak-in-samar-now-under-control-doh


Diarrhea outbreak in Samar now under control: DOH
By: Philippines News Agency
June 15, 2016 7:26 PM

PALO, Leyte ? The diarrhea outbreak in Samar province is now under control with no new reported deaths this week from the waterborne disease, the Department of Health (DOH) reported on Wednesday.

From June 13-14, only 173 new cases were recorded by local health authorities, prompting the DOH regional office to declare that the situation has been improving.

Most cases were controlled except in Sta. Rita, Samar where six patients are still admitted at the local health facility, said DOH Eastern Visayas regional director Minerva Molon.

The DOH said these new cases are just normal occurrences and no fatality has been reported since June 7, which means that deaths due to diarrhea are now controlled...
 
Source: http://northboundasia.com/2016/09/08/doh-declares-diarrhea-outbreak-biliran-town/#.V9G1JYVpehc

DOH declares diarrhea outbreak in Biliran town
Posted on September 8, 2016 by Northbound Philippines News Online

TACLOBAN CITY, Sept. 8 (PNA) -? The Department of Health (DOH) has declared a diarrhea outbreak in the town of Cabucgayan, Biliran after the water-borne disease has downed 170 residents in the past few days.

The health department tagged contaminated water as the culprit, based on water samples gathered from various sources, including from a water refilling station, which were found positive of coliform bacteria, that is commonly present in human and animal waste...
 
Back
Top