• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines: 2014 Diarrhea outbreaks

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.interaksyon.com/article/...s-in-some-romblon-barangays-2-deaths-reported

DOH probes rise of diarrheal cases in some Romblon barangays; 2 deaths reported
By: Jet Villa, InterAksyon.com
April 16, 2014 2:48 PM

MANILA - The Department of Health (DOH) has asked residents in several villages in two towns in Romblon to take precautions due to the rising cases of diarrhea there, with two deaths so far recorded.

The department?s director for Region IV-B, Dr. Eduardo Janairo, said a total of 176 cases were recorded from February 3 to April 4 by the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit IV-B.
The cases came from barangays Taclobo, Mabulo, Espana, Poblacion, Azagra, Otod, Mabini, Campalingo, Danao, Panangcalan, Canjalon, Pili and Sugod...
 
Re: Philippines: 2014 Diarrhea outbreaks

Hundreds Fall Ill, Eight Dead in Philippines From Tainted Water
Posted by Angelina Bouc on May 14, 2014 in World |

Health officials in the Philippines are scrambling to collect water from various sources, after eight people have died and hundreds more are ill from consuming water. The deaths took place in a remote location in the Philippines, many of the people are blaming the water as the source of contamination. Most of the deceased and ill are children. Many who fell ill underwent bouts of severe diarrhoea in the southern town of Alamada, which claimed the highest rate of illnesses. Health officials are testing the water for cholera and other diseases, to see if tainted water is the reason for the deaths.

In the small farming town, 496 individuals fell ill and the miniscule hospital is handling an influx of 144 patients who need care. An AFP journalist in the area stated the hospital was crammed with cots holding sick patients. The amount of patients spilled out into the corridors.
...
http://www.viralglobalnews.com/world/hundreds-fall-ill-eight-dead-philippines-tainted-water/7451/
 
Re: Philippines: 2014 Diarrhea outbreaks

Source: http://www.philstar.com/nation/2014/06/28/1340114/2-die-diarrhea-outbreak-scotabato-town

2 die in diarrhea outbreak in SCotabato town
(philstar.com) | Updated June 28, 2014 - 4:53pm


COTABATO CITY, Philipipnes - Two T?boli natives perished while dozens more were hospitalized due to a diarrhea outbreak in Lake Sebu town in South Cotabato.

The outbreak was reported by authorities on Friday, just as 123 ethnic Bilaan villagers in nearby Tampakan town in the same province were being rushed to different hospitals due to food poisoning...
 
Re: Philippines: 2014 Diarrhea outbreaks

Source: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/06/30/diarrhea-outbreak-kills-2-downs-250-in-lake-sebu/


Diarrhea outbreak kills 2, downs 250 in Lake Sebu
By Mindanews on June 30 2014 6:47 pm

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/30 June) ? The provincial government of South Cotabato sent a medical team on Monday to a remote village in Lake Sebu town due to a reported outbreak of diarrhea that already left two children dead and downed around 250 other residents.

South Cotabato Gov. Daisy Avance-Fuentes said Monday they dispatched a team of doctors, nurses and personnel from the Integrated Provincial Health Office?s (IPHO) epidemiology and surveillance unit to Barangay Ned in Lake Sebu to look into the reported outbreak and address the immediate needs of the affected residents.

She said they also sent a dump truck owned by the local government to deliver medical and food supplies to the area.

Citing an initial report received by the IPHO, the governor said the outbreak affected six of the remotest sitios of Barangay Ned, which is situated near the tri-boundaries of South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat and Sarangani provinces...
 
Back
Top