• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
2011 thread here; http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162940

Diarrhea kills 3, affects 50 others

Saturday, January 7, 2012

TACLOBAN CITY ? At least three people died and more than 50 others are suffering from diarrhea in the northeastern part of Leyte province.

Dr. Edgardo Daya, officer-in-charge at the Leyte provincial health office, said the affected areas include the towns of Calubian, Leyte, San Isidro and Tabango, where victims were children and women.

...
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/tacloban/local-news/2012/01/07/diarrhea-kills-3-affects-50-others-199346
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/01/08/12/3-kids-die-60-hospitalized-leyte-diarrhea

3 kids die, 60 hospitalized in Leyte from diarrhea
abs-cbnNEWS.com
Posted at 01/08/2012 3:30 PM | Updated as of 01/08/2012 3:30 PM

Three children have died and nearly 60 have been hospitalized in four towns in Leyte province due to diarrhea.

According to Department of Health (DOH) Region 8 Director Dr. Edgardo Gonzaga, an outbreak has already been declared in Calubian town, the worst hit, with almost 20 barangays affected.

Also affected were the towns of San Isidro, Tabango and Leyte...
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

Monday, January 9. 2012

Food poisoning, not cholera downed 2 in Sibulao- CHO

by Sheila Covarrubias


City Health Officer Rodel Agbulos over the weekend revealed that food poisoning and not cholera caused the death of two family members in Sibulao, January 4.
Two other members of the Juan family in Sibulao remain confined at the Zamboanga City Medical Center for dehydration due to severe diarrhea.

...
http://www.zambotimes.com/archives/41297-Food-poisoning,-not-cholera-downed-2-in-Sibulao-CHO.html
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea

PIA Press Release
Wednesday, January 11, 2012


Cholera watch raised in Albay

LEGAZPI CITY, Jan 11 (PIA) -- Although health authorities said there is no cause for alarm yet, the province of Albay is now under close watch against possible cholera outbreak, the Provincial Health Office warned Tuesday.
Provincial Health officer Dr. Luis Mendoza told Bicol Mail that Albay recorded seven new cases of positive Cholera (Bibrio) in the dying days of December last year, just in time when the province was supposed to be declared free from the disease. ?We will have to wait for another six-month period before we can say that we are already free from cholera but unfortunately due to bad weather condition during the past few weeks, we started to get reports on cases in the province.?
Mendoza said that five of the seven cases were from the town of Daraga, one in Ligao City, and another in Legazpi.
?Because the cases reported were from sporadic areas, we are closely monitoring and accounting for possible additional cases, but an outbreak will only be declared once the cases are concentrated in one particular community,? Mendoza explained.
He added that there have been no cases since last week and no casualty has been reported yet although three people have died of cholera earlier this year in Barangay Gapo, Daraga and the new cases (five) last month were mostly from Balinand, an adjacent village.
?This is why we alerted all municipal and city health officers across the 15 towns and three cities of Albay, and not only the affected areas, to practice proper household chlorination, proper food preparation, boiling of drinking water especially those from open wells, and most importantly, proper human waste disposal,? he said.
Aside from cholera, the PHO is also watching for new incidences of dengue cases where two cases were reported each in Daraga and Oas towns, one case in Pioduran, and another in Ligao City. ?This is only for December and we are accounting for the other areas to complete the statistics."
Mendoza also called for proper cleanliness and eradication of possible mosquito breeding places in support of Albay Gov. Joey Salceda?s program of zero casualties among Albayanos. (MAL/REN-LGU ALbay)
http://www.pia.gov.ph/?m=1&t=1&id=72070
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Source: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=790893&publicationSubCategoryId=200

At least 11 die in Lanao diarrhea outbreak
(philstar.com) Updated March 25, 2012 02:00 PM C

COTABATO, Philippines (Xinhua) - At least 11 people were killed by cholera and diarrhea this month that occurred in a remote town in the southern Philippines, an official said today.

Dr. Alpheratz Jose, the municipal health officer of Salvador, Lanao del Norte, said the outbreak of deadly disease struck in the town's five villages...
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...mc-4-children-die-in-gensan-diarrhea-outbreak

NDRRMC: 4 children die in GenSan diarrhea outbreak
April 28, 2012 7:29am


At least four children died in a diarrhea outbreak that hit areas of General Santos City from March 30 to April 19, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said over the weekend.

In its report posted on its website Friday night, the NDRRMC said at least 243 people were affected, 134 of them were children aged 10 and below...
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Diarrhea kills 4, downs 70 in CamSur

Posted at 05/23/2012 2:49 AM

MANILA, Philippines ? Four people have died from diarrhea in the province of Camarines Sur, according to health officials.

Three of the victims are residents of Brgy. La Purisima in the town of Nabua. They were identified as Cornerlio Espalmado, Aurelio Nagales and Tering Lomeda.

One of the victims, identified as Jesus Daliva, was from Brgy. Sto. Domingo.

Authorities said at least 70 others have been affected by the illness.
...
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/regions/05/22/12/diarrhea-kills-4-downs-70-camsur
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/05/24/12/diarrhea-outbreak-declared-camsur-town

Diarrhea outbreak declared in CamSur town
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/24/2012 10:57 PM | Updated as of 05/24/2012 10:57 PM

MANILA, Philippines ? A diarrhea outbreak has been declared in the town of Nabua, Camarines Sur after the number of diarrhea cases reached 200.

The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) said 2 people have died from the illness, which has affected 11 villages in Nabua...
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

Phil.PNG
...
http://www.ndrrmc.gov.ph/attachment...arrheal cases in Catanduanes 12 June 2012.pdf
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

:tiphat: Healthmap

Diarrhea Outbreak in N. Philippines Kills 18 People
2012-06-14 13:17:53 Xinhua Web Editor: Li
At least 18 people has died while more than 3,000 remained ill due to a diarrhea outbreak in the northern Philippine province of Catanduanes.

Hazel Palmes, provincial health officer, told a local radio station Thursday that the town of Virac recorded the highest number of casualties with eight deaths.
...
http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/06/14/3141s706279.htm
 
Re: Philippines 2012 - Diarrhoea / Cholera

3 die, 194 down with diarrhea in Misamis Oriental

By Annabelle L. Ricalde
Wednesday, September 26, 2012

AT LEAST three children died while 194 people were hospitalized from diarrhea in Villanueva town, Misamis Oriental, which prompted the provincial health office to declare an outbreak.

Provincial Health Office chief Dr. Ignacio Moreno said an outbreak was declared in the town because of the unusual number of cases since the disease was first reported a week ago.
...
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-d...die-194-down-diarrhea-misamis-oriental-244895
 
Back
Top