• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
PESHAWAR:

A case of swine flu emerged from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa on Wednesday after a gap of almost three years.

The National Institute of Health (NIH) confirmed the presence of the H1N1 virus in a 30-year-old man hailing from Karak district.

Khyber Teaching Hospital?s Professor Dr Mukhtiyar Zaman Afridi told The Express Tribune the patient was admitted to the hospital five days ago and they sent his blood sample to the NIH for a swine flu test which was confirmed on Wednesday.

However, the doctor refused to disclose the patient?s name, stating he belonged to Karak and was under treatment at the KTH?s isolation ward.


http://tribune.com.pk/story/670985/infectious-disease-swine-flu-case-surfaces-after-three-years/
 
Re: Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

PESHAWAR:

After the confirmation of two cases of swine flu in the province, the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) government is yet to plan a prevention strategy. Hospitals in K-P are also short on anti-viral drugs, which are being brought from other provinces.

Last week the National Institute of Health (NIH) confirmed two cases of the H1N1 virus, swine flu, in the province after an absence of three years. One patient succumbed to the disease whereas the other was discharged after receiving treatment from Khyber Teaching Hospital (KTH) .

A senior doctor at KTH, requesting anonymity, claimed the hospital had received various suspected cases of swine flu during the last month. The doctor confirmed two patients had tested positive and one died in the hospital.

Commenting on the lack of a specified protocol for the treatment of swine flu patients, the doctor said there were no isolation units for these patients; they had been admitted in another room.

..


http://tribune.com.pk/story/675343/...p-without-a-plan-as-swine-flu-rears-its-head/
 
Re: Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ted-swine-flu-in-pakistan-114022800892_1.html


2 die of suspected swine flu in Pakistan
Press Trust of India | Lahore
February 28, 2014 Last Updated at 17:28 IST


Two persons, including a teenage girl, suspected to be suffering from swine flu have died in Pakistan's central Punjab province, officials said today.

Humera (45), Rubina (15) and Farrah (30) were admitted to the ICU at Nishtar Medical Institute a couple of days of ago with symptoms of swine flu...
 
Re: Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

Source: http://tribune.com.pk/story/677863/epidemic-concern-woman-dies-of-swine-flu-two-test-positive/


Epidemic concern: Woman dies of swine flu, two test positive
By Owais Jafri
Published: March 2, 2014
MULTAN:

A woman who had been suffering from swine flu died in Multan on Friday.

Ataur Rehman of the District Epidemic Control Committee said the deceased, Humaira, 45, a resident of Daulat Gate Colony, was being treated at Nishtar Hospital.

He said Humaira?s sister, Nasreen, 50, was also suffering from the disease, according to an initial report. Rehman said Ghulam Sakina, 65, a resident of Dera Ghazi Khan and Mehmoodul Hassan, a resident of Khanewal, had also been admitted to Nishtar Hospital after they showing swine flu symptoms...
 
Re: Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

Nishtar Hospital on red alert to cope with H1N1

MULTAN
Emergency is declared at Nishtar Hospital Multan in view of increase in Swine Flu (H1N1) patients as the number of total patients brought to Nishtar Hospital with influenza infection has risen to nine, The Nation has learnt.
Sources revealed that currently a total of eight patients were being treated at the hospital while one patient was at home. Earlier, two patients namely Humaira and Rubina had died of influenza attack in the hospital while the condition of two other patients namely Farrah and Mahmood ul Hassan was stated to be precarious. Similarly, a doctor namely Dr. Saed, a staff nurse and three other members of deceased Humaira are being treated.
Nishtar Hospital sources disclosed that an Influenza counter had been set up at emergency Ward while a High Dependence Unit (HDU) and isolation area were also established in Ward No-27.
Sources added that ventilators were installed at the HDU while a special duty rooster was evolved for the medical, paramedical and nursing staff of Ward No-27. "The doctors and paramedics working in this unit are given special briefing on precautionary measures. Caps, masks and gloves are arranged for them," sources added. Similarly, the holidays of all administrative officers have been cancelled and they are asked to keep their mobile phones on round the clock.

http://www.nation.com.pk/national/04-Mar-2014/nishtar-hospital-on-red-alert-to-cope-with-h1ni
 
Re: Peshawar: H1N1 flu case surfaces after three years

No respite as Swine flu continues biting

Multan
With another casualty, the death toll taken by Swine Flu (H1N1) stands at three while another patient was brought to Nishtar Hospital under the suspicion of infection on Saturday. Hospital sources said that Farrah, resident of Taunsa, died on Friday night while Raesa Parveen, 50, resident of Multan, was brought to the hospital for Swine Flu treatment.
On the other hand, the Additional Director General Health Punjab has issued a directive to all hospitals of Punjab to reactivate rapid response committees for taking prompt action on receipt of any information regarding outbreak of any disease in any area.
Meanwhile, the condition of three Swine Flu patients namely Imtiaz, resident of Rajanpur, Hira from Multan and Ikram from Shorkot being treated at Nishtar Hospital further deteriorated on Saturday.

http://www.nation.com.pk/national/09-Mar-2014/no-respite-as-swine-flu-continues-biting
 
Back
Top