Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
Re: PAKISTAN: Dengue fever - news reports
Source: http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55534&Itemid=2
15 new patients suspected of Dengue fever brought to hospitals
KARACHI, Oct 13 (APP)- Giving latest position about Dengue fever the Provincial Health Minister, Dr Saghir Ahmed said on Monday that so far 874 patients suspected of having Dengue fever have been brought to various hospitals in the Province and 286 of them stood positive.
During the last 24 hours, he said, 15 new patients were brought to various hospitals in Karachi and with this the number of patients admitted on Dengue suspicion has risen to 29.
Dr Saghir said 9 patients have been discharged during the last 24 hours.
He reiterated that all District hospitals in the Province have been clearly directed not to recover charges of any kind from patients with dengue fever and such patients be provided free screening facility and plateletts.
The Minister said that of the 15 new patients brought during the last 24 hours, were admitted to Bantwa Memon Hospital, 8 in Abbasi Shaheed hospital, two in Jinnah Hospital, 2 in Qatar Hospital and one in National Institute of Blood Diseases.
Dr Saghir said that although Dengue fever is harmful but protection is possible with preventive measures and Sindh Government has taken special measures in this regard.
He pointed out that Civil Hospital Karachi and Liaquat Medical University Hospital Hyderabad have been selected as central treatment centres for dengue fever while mega pletilets machines have been installed in Karachi, Larkana and Nawabshah Civil Hospitals
Source: http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55534&Itemid=2
15 new patients suspected of Dengue fever brought to hospitals
KARACHI, Oct 13 (APP)- Giving latest position about Dengue fever the Provincial Health Minister, Dr Saghir Ahmed said on Monday that so far 874 patients suspected of having Dengue fever have been brought to various hospitals in the Province and 286 of them stood positive.
During the last 24 hours, he said, 15 new patients were brought to various hospitals in Karachi and with this the number of patients admitted on Dengue suspicion has risen to 29.
Dr Saghir said 9 patients have been discharged during the last 24 hours.
He reiterated that all District hospitals in the Province have been clearly directed not to recover charges of any kind from patients with dengue fever and such patients be provided free screening facility and plateletts.
The Minister said that of the 15 new patients brought during the last 24 hours, were admitted to Bantwa Memon Hospital, 8 in Abbasi Shaheed hospital, two in Jinnah Hospital, 2 in Qatar Hospital and one in National Institute of Blood Diseases.
Dr Saghir said that although Dengue fever is harmful but protection is possible with preventive measures and Sindh Government has taken special measures in this regard.
He pointed out that Civil Hospital Karachi and Liaquat Medical University Hospital Hyderabad have been selected as central treatment centres for dengue fever while mega pletilets machines have been installed in Karachi, Larkana and Nawabshah Civil Hospitals