• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Pakistan: 2020 Crimean-Congo Fever

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.samaa.tv/news/2020/08/fourth-congo-fever-case-karachi/

Fourth Congo fever case reported in Karachi, first after Eid
SAMAA | Health - Posted: Aug 12, 2020 | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

A fourth case of Congo fever was reported at Karachi’s Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Tuesday.

The news was confirmed by JPMC Executive Director Dr Seemin Jamali.

The patient is a 31-year-old man named Waqas from Lines Area. He was admitted to JPMC on August 10 after presenting a week-long history of fever and vomit with blood.

This is the fourth case at JPMC and the first one after Eidul Azha. The first case was reported in March.

Last year the Congo fever death toll in Sindh was 19. A surge in cases had been recorded after Eidul Azha, mostly in farmers and butchers...
 
Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2259299/congo-virus-patient-dies


Congo virus patient dies
The report coming back on Wednesday confirmed that the deceased was infected with the virus
Our Correspondent August 13, 2020
RAWALPINDI:

National Institute of Health (NIH) has confirmed the first fatality from the Congo virus in Rawalpindi following which the district administration has gone on an alert...
 
Source: https://www.samaa.tv/news/pakistan/2020/08/congo-fever-karachi/

Fifth Congo fever case reported in Karachi, second after Eid
SAMAA | Health - Posted: Aug 14, 2020 | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

A case of Congo fever was reported at Karachi’s Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Friday.

The news was confirmed by JPMC Executive Director Dr Seemin Jamali.

The patient is a 22-year-old man who had travelled from Quetta. He was admitted to JPMC two days ago after exposure to cattle.

This is the fifth case at JPMC and the second one after Eidul Azha. The first case was reported in March.

Last year the Congo fever death toll in Sindh was 19. A surge in cases had been recorded after Eidul Azha, mostly in farmers and butchers...
 
Source: https://dailytimes.com.pk/656002/another-congo-virus-case-surfaces-in-quetta/

Another Congo virus case surfaces in Quetta
Inp
August 19, 2020

A patient was diagnosed with Congo virus on Tuesday. According to details, a patient, whose name remained anonymous, was brought to Fatima Jinnah Hospital over symptoms of the Congo fever. The administration of the hospital confirmed Congo virus in the patient after blood test reports, sources said.

Sources further added that as many as 14 suspected people were brought to hospital, from which five were discharged, while six were confirmed with the Congo virus after tests.
 
Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1584215

First suspected Congo case in Bahawalpur
A Correspondent 10 Oct 2020

BAHAWALPUR: A suspected Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) case has surfaced in the district.

Dawn learnt on Friday that a man was admitted to the Bahawal Victoria Hospital (BVH) last night having symptoms of the Congo virus.

According to doctors, blood samples of the suspect have been dispatched to the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Islamabad for tests. It may be recalled that it would be first suspect of Congo virus of the current season in the district...
 
Back
Top