• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Pakistan: 2019 Crimean-Congo Fever

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://arynews.tv/en/first-congo-virus-case-of-2019-reported-in-karachi/


First Congo virus case of 2019 reported in Karachi
Web Desk On Feb 11, 2019 Last updated Feb 11, 2019
Congo virus, 2019, Karachi

KARACHI: First case of the year of Congo virus was reported in Karachi on Monday, ARY News reported.

Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center (JPMC) Executive Director Dr Seemi Jamali confirmed that a 35-year-old woman was suffering from Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF).

?Laboratory tests have confirmed that she has Congo fever,? she said.

Last year 41 people were diagnosed with the disease and the most of them belonged to Quetta, Balochistan, she said.

Seemi Jamali said at least 16 people died from Congo last year in Karachi...
 
Source: https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/431187-first-death-from-congo-virus-reported-in-karachi

First death from Congo virus reported in Karachi
Web Desk
February 12, 2019

KARACHI: A woman lost her life to Congo virus at the city?s Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre on Tuesday becoming the first reported death of the year in Pakistan owing to the disease.

Reports revealed that a 35-year-old woman, resident of Karachi?s Orangi Town had been brought to the Jinnah Hospital in a critical condition.

It was confirmed by the hospital?s Executive Director Dr Seemin Jamali that the patient had been infected with the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) which later took her life...
 
Source: https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/second-congo-virus-victim-dies-in-karachi-in-553873.html

Second Congo Virus Victim Dies In Karachi In One Week
Fakhir Rizvi 1 hour ago Sun 17th February 2019 | 05:24 PM

ISLAMABAD (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News / NNI - 17th February, 2019) Another Congo virus-related death was reported in Karachi on Sunday, making this the second death reported in one week.A 75-year-old man, who was from Landhi, was brought to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre Saturday night and passed away during treatment...
 
Deadly Congo fever takes life of youngster
Shoaib Ur RehmanApril 1, 2019
KARACHI: Deadly Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) has claimed the life of a youngster at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) on Monday after which the death toll due to the Congo mounted to three this year.

Executive Director, JPMC, Dr. Seemi Jamali, while talking to PPI, confirmed the death of 19-years-old Raheem from Congo fever who was brought in the health facility two day ago in with high grade-fever, and bleeding from nose and mouth.

The deceased hailing from Sehwan Shareef died during treatment last night. She said lab reports confirmed that patient was suffering from Congo fever.
...
https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/01/484892/deadly-congo-fever-takes-life-of-youngster/
 
Source: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/49...ree-lives-in-karachi-last-month-say-officials




Congo fever claimed three lives in Karachi last month, say officials
M. Waqar Bhatti
July 2, 2019

KARACHI: Three people, including a woman, died due to Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) in Karachi in the month of June 2019, Sindh health department officials said on Monday and called for collaborative efforts to prevent more deaths because of the tick-borne viral disease after the arrival of sacrificial animals in the city from today.

?Three people, two men and a woman, have died due to Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) in Karachi, all three at Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH), in the month of June 2019. With these deaths, the number of deaths due to the lethal, tick-borne disease has reached five,? an official of the Sindh Health Department told The News.

?Arab Rajabi Ali Muhammad, a 20-year-old resident of the Taiser Town area of Gadap, Karachi, was the latest victim of the tick-borne viral disease, who died on June 12, 2019, at Aga Khan University Hospital,? the official said, adding that the deceased was brought to the private hospital on June 10 and died due to complications two days later.

Similarly, Wali Muhammad Achakzai, 36, a resident of Quetta, Balochistan, was brought to the AKUH with a high-grade fever and bleeding from nose and mouth on June 4, the health department official said, adding the patient died due to complications of the viral disease on June 6.

?Ms Noora Shahira Khan, 50, a resident of Zia Colony, Metroville SITE, was the first victim of CCHF in the month of June 2019, who was taken to the AKUH on June 3 and died on the same day,? the official said, adding that so far five people had died due to Congo in Karachi this year.

Two persons -- a 35-year old woman from Orangi Town Karachi, Tazeem Faizan, and 54-year-old resident of Sehwan Shareef, Muhammad Raheem ? had lost their lives due to Congo fever at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC) in February and March respectively.

Health department officials said that nine CCHF positive patients had been brought to Karachi?s public and private hospitals, of whom five expired while four got better and were discharged. ?Three of the victims of CCHF were from different areas of Karachi, while one each was from the interior of Sindh and Balochistan,? the health department official said.

Surge in CCHF cases feared

With the establishment of eight legal and several illegal cattle markets in Karachi from today, health department officials feared that more CCHF cases could emerge in the city and advised the hospitals and the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) to take preventive measures at the earliest to save precious lives in the city...
 
Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2007182/1-congo-virus-scare-peshawar/

Congo virus scare in Peshawar
By Our Correspondent
Published: July 6, 2019

PESHAWAR:
With Eidul Azha just around the corner, reports of a Congo virus infection have surfaced in the provincial capital. At least two people have been admitted in the Hayatabad Medical Complex with symptoms similar to that of the Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF). A hospital spokesperson told The Express Tribune on Friday that two young men had been brought to the facility with complaints of high fever. He added that doctors suspect they could be infected with the Congo virus. Their blood samples have been sent to the National Institute of Health to test and confirm any antigens in the blood...
 
Congo virus claims five more lives in Sindh
By ​ Our CorrespondentPublished: July 25, 2019


KARACHI: The number of deaths caused due to the Congo virus has increased to five in Sindh. With Eidul Azha drawing closer, a rise is observed in the number of Congo virus cases, which is mainly caused by ticks that inhabit the skin of different animals.

According to a report released by the Sindh health department, eight cases of Congo virus have been reported in the province from January 1 to July 16, this year.

Of these, three were brought to the Aga Khan University Hospital for treatment, two to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC), two to Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital and one to Dr Ziauddin Hospital.
...
https://tribune.com.pk/story/2020716/1-congo-virus-claims-five-lives-sindh/
 
Congo fever death toll in Pakistan reaches six
Naya Din
13 mins ago



Congo fever continues to claim lives in the country. Another Congo-related death was reported in Karachi as a 27-year-old patient passed away due to the fever on Sunday. This brings the death toll of the disease to six this year.

Three days back, the patient was admitted with a high fever to a private hospital near Kala Pul. He was then shifted to another private hospital in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, where he passed away due to the disease.


With the spread of the deadly disease and Eidul Azha approaching, it is important to create awareness among the public.
...
https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/07/congo-fever-death-toll-in-pakistan-reaches-six/
 
Source: https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/08/another-suspected-case-of-congo-virus-surfaces/

Another suspected case of Congo virus surfaces
Asim Khan
3 hours ago


Another patient suspected of having Congo fever was admitted at the Fatima Jinnah General and Chest Hospital in Quetta on Thursday. In the past four months, 11 people have been admitted but the disease has yet to be confirmed.

The patient belongs to Pishin district. He was brought to the hospital after a nose bleed and high fever. According to the head of the infectious diseases ward his blood samples have been sent to Karachi for further investigation...
 
Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2027549/1-suspected-congo-virus-patient-dies/

Suspected Congo virus patient dies
By Mohammad Zafar
Published: August 4, 2019

QUETTA:
A suspected Congo virus patient brought to Quetta?s Fatima Jinnah Chest Hospital passed away on Saturday, while another believed to be suffering from the disease was admitted.

The patient belonging to Loralai district was admitted to the hospital on Thursday bleeding from mouth and nose and with high fever. A blood sample of the patient had been dispatched to Karachi for diagnosis but he did not survive and died before the results were concluded.

Another patient from Pishin district suffering from the same symptoms was brought to Fatima Jinnah Chest Hospital and had been diagnosed with Congo virus, the Head of the Congo ward said.

In the last four months, 25 patients suspected of having Congo fever have been brought to the hospital from different areas of the province and 12 of them have been confirmed as suffering from the disease after diagnosis...
 
Source: https://dailytimes.com.pk/444242/another-congo-virus-case-surfaces-in-karachi/

Another Congo virus case surfaces in Karachi
August 7, 2019

One more Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) patient has been reported at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, taking the reported cases toll to nine in this hospital since January 1, 2019. A 29-year-year-old man, Zahid, resident of Orangi Town, Karachi was brought to the emergency department with fever and gum bleeding. The patient was moved to Isolation Room in Ward 23...
 
Source: https://dailytimes.com.pk/444242/another-congo-virus-case-surfaces-in-karachi/

Another Congo virus case surfaces in Karachi
PPI
August 7, 2019

One more Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) patient has been reported at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, taking the reported cases toll to nine in this hospital since January 1, 2019. A 29-year-year-old man, Zahid, resident of Orangi Town, Karachi was brought to the emergency department with fever and gum bleeding...
 
Congo virus death toll rises to seven as teenager dies

A 15-year-old boy became the seventh victim of 2019 of the dreaded Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF), commonly known as Congo virus, in Karachi after officials at Dr Ruth KM Pfau Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) confirmed that the patient died due to complications of the disease at an isolation ward on Thursday.


“Fifteen-year-old Faizul Islam was brought to the emergency of the CHK with high-grade fever, bleeding from nose and mouth and other complications on Wednesday night. He was shifted to the Medical Unit III of the hospital on suspicion of having CCHF where he was given anti-viral drugs but he died due to multiple organ failure on Thursday noon,” said Dr Azizullah Dhiloo, an expert of infectious diseases at the CHK, while talking to The News.
...
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/510...-teenager-dies

Karachi Registers 8th CCHF Death During Current Season
Faizan Hashmi 30 minutes ago Fri 09th August 2019 | 03:19 PM

KARACHI, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 9th Aug, 2019 ) :Zahid, a young butcher from Orangi Town, diagnosed with Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever passed away at the isolation ward of Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre Friday morning.

Demise of the young man has brought the total number of CCHF deaths to eight in the port city to eight in the current season.
...
https://www.urdupoint.com/en/pakistan/karachi-registers-8th-cchf-death-during-curre-687442.html
 
Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2032269/1-two-congo-virus-patients-die/

Two more Congo virus patients die
By ​ Our Correspondent
Published: August 10, 2019

KARACHI:
Another patient of the Congo virus died at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) on Friday.

Twenty-nine-year-old Zahid, the resident of Orangi Town, was admitted to JPMC on August 6.

JPMC Executive Director Dr Seemi Jamali said that Zahid was admitted to the isolation ward and had been diagnosed through a test conducted at a private laboratory.

Separately, another patient of the virus, Hajji Deen, 65, who was under treatment at a private hospital, died on Friday...
 
Congo fever death toll rises to 10 in Karachi as another patient dies

A 70-year-old man from District Naushehro Feroz died due to Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) at a private hospital in Karachi a couple of days back, while a 25-year-old patient is battling for life at another private hospital of the city, health officials said on Friday.


?Ghulam Ali, 70, a resident of District Naushehro Feroz, Sindh died at Liaquat National Hospital Karachi within four hours of his arrival at the private hospital due to complications of Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) on August 13, 2019,? an official of the Sindh health department told The News.

The official maintained that with the death of the elderly man, the number of deaths due to the deadly tick-borne disease had risen to 10 in the current year so far. He added that four of the deaths occurred in the first two weeks of August 2019 due to increased interaction between humans and cattle on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha.
...
https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/51...ises-to-10-in-karachi-as-another-patient-dies
 
Source: https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/505259-One-more-patient-diagnosed-with-Congo-virus-in-Karachi
One more patient diagnosed with Congo virus in Karachi
Last Updated On 17 August,2019 06:14 am

KARACHI (Dunya News) - One more patient diagnosed with deadly Congo virus was admitted in Karachi?s Zia-ud-Din Hospital on Friday, Dunya News reported.

According to details, 25-year-old Ahmad Shoaib from North Nazimabad was brought to the hospital on August 14. Ahmad Shoaib?s blood samples were sent to laboratory for tests and found positive for the disease...
 
Source: https://arynews.tv/en/congo-virus-case-karachi/

Second case of Congo virus emerges in Karachi
Web Desk On Aug 19, 2019

KARACHI: One more case of Congo virus reported in Karachi as a young boy was diagnosed with the disease after being admitted at a hospital in Nazimabad area, ARY News reported on Sunday.

Doctors confirmed that the 17-year-old boy, named as Qamar Shah who is the resident of Sohrab Goth and worked at a dairy farm, was diagnosed with Congo virus during the initial medical examination tests.

It is pertinent to mention here that the first case of Congo virus was report on February 11 in the metropolis as a woman, Tazeem Faizan, had been brought to Jinnah Hospital in critical condition.

In 2018, at least 16 deaths had been reported in Karachi from the life-threatening virus, whereas, 41 patients majorly from Quetta ? Balochistan were diagnosed with it...
 
Source: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/514078-three-moretest-positive-for-congo-virus

Three moretest positive for Congo virus
Our Correspondent
August 19, 2019

Three more patients, including a teenager, tested positive for Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF), commonly known as Congo virus, in Karachi on Sunday, who are being treated at isolations wards at various public and private hospitals in Karachi, health officials said.

?Hamza Burfat, a 46-year-old resident of Lasi Goth in New Karachi, was brought to Civil Hospital Karachi on Saturday on the complaints of blood from nose and mouth and other symptoms. On the suspicion of him being infected with Congo virus, he was kept in isolation and his samples were sent for analysis, which tested positive for Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF),? said Dr Khadim Hussain Qureshi, the medical superintendent of Dr Ruth KM Pfau Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) as he spoke to The News on Sunday.

He added that another patient, who was identified as 40-year-old Nawab Ali, a resident of Khamiso Goth New Karachi, was also brought to the hospital with internal and external bleeding and other symptoms. His medical tests also confirmed that he had contracted Congo virus...
 
Source: http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/505640-Congo-virus-claims-three-lives-in-Karachi

Congo virus claims three lives in Karachi
Last Updated On 20 August,2019 05:45 am
The death toll from Congo virus during ongoing year climbed to 12 in Karachi.

KARACHI (Dunya News) ? At least three people lost their lives to the Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic fever, commonly referred to as Congo fever, in various hospitals of Karachi on Monday, Dunya News reported.

According to details, Shabbir of Mowach Goth area of Karachi died at Civil Hospital while Syed Asad Ali Rizvi who was brought to Indus Hospital on August 17 also died...
 
Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2038337/1-suspected-congo-virus-patient-dies-quetta/


The Express Tribune
Suspected Congo virus patient dies in Quetta
By ​ Our Correspondent
Published: August 21, 2019

QUETTA:
A man admitted to Quetta?s Fatima Jinnah Hospital on suspicion of having contracted the Congo virus died on Tuesday, while the blood samples of another patient suspected to have the disease have been sent to Karachi.

According to details, 19-year-old Abdul Salam, a resident of Satellite Town in the provincial capital, was admitted to the hospital while suffering from severe fever and bleeding. His blood samples had been sent to Karachi, but he died before the arrival of the report...
 
Back
Top