• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Ontario delares State of Emergency

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/coronavirus-covid-19-ontario-tuesday-1.5500006

'We must act decisively': Ontario Premier Doug Ford declares state of emergency amid COVID-19 outbreak
Ontario currently has 177 cases of COVID-19
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 17, 2020 6:52 AM ET | Last Updated: 3 minutes ago

Saying we must flatten the curve and slow down the spread of COVID-19, Ontario Premier Doug Ford declares a state of emergency. 9:51

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has declared a state of emergency in the province as it looks to combat the spread of COVID-19.

"We're facing an unprecedented time in our history. This is a decision that was not made lightly," Ford said at a Tuesday morning news conference at Queen's Park. He was joined by Ontario Solicitor General Sylvia Jones, Health Minister Christine Elliott, Finance Minister Rod Phillips and Dr. David Williams, Ontario's chief medical officer.

"COVID-19 constitutes a danger of major proportions," he continued. "We must act decisively, we must not delay."

As part of the declaration, the province will mandate the closure of restaurants and bars, though those that can offer takeout and delivery can continue selling food items.

The province is also prohibiting gatherings of more than 50 people, including at indoor recreation centres, theatres and concert venues, libraries, places of worship, private schools and daycares until March 31. Ontario previously ordered all publicly-funded schools to close until April 6.

The order does not yet apply to public transit, shopping malls, grocery stores and pharmacies, Williams said.

Ford stressed that the state of emergency does not constitute a "provincial shutdown."...
 
Back
Top