• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

ON, Canada Eight Case - Travel History To Egypt

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://news.ontario.ca/mohltc/en/2020/02/ontario-confirms-new-positive-case-of-covid-19-1.html [h=3]Ontario Confirms New Positive Case of COVID-19[/h] [h=4]All Protocols Followed and Risk to Ontarians Remains Low[/h]
February 28, 2020 9:56 P.M.Ministry of Health



TORONTO — Today, Dr. David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health, confirmed a new positive case of COVID-19 in Toronto. This is the eighth case in Ontario. Ontario's first three cases are all resolved, with each of those patients having two consecutive negative tests at least 24 hours apart.

After arriving in Toronto on February 20, 2020, a man in his 80s presented himself at Scarborough Health Network's General Hospital's emergency department on February 27, 2020, with a travel history to Egypt. As per established infection prevention and control protocols, the patient was cared for at the hospital using all appropriate precautions, including being isolated as he was tested for COVID-19. The man was discharged home the same day feeling well and, per protocols, went into self-isolation where he remains.



Throughout his travels, the man wore a mask. Toronto Public Health is actively engaged in contact tracing and case management.

At this time the virus is not circulating locally, however given the global circumstances, Ontario is actively working with city and health partners to plan for the potential of local spread. The province continues to carefully monitor this situation and encourage residents to stay informed by regularly reviewing credible information sources.

Dr. Williams will provide an update on the situation at the regularly scheduled media briefing on Monday, March 2, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. at the Queen's Park media studio.

Visit Ontario's website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
 
Source: https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/...ntario-on-coronavirus-cases-coming-from-Egypt

Cairo contacts Paris, Ontario on coronavirus cases coming from Egypt
By: Egypt Today staff
Sat, Feb. 29, 2020

CAIRO - 29 February 2020: The Egyptian Ministry of Health announced that it is in contact with France and Canada after the two countries confirmed cases with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) coming from Egypt.

David Williams, medical officer of health in Ontario, said on Friday that eight cases, including a man coming from Egypt, were tested positive for the virus in Toronto’s Ontario, CBC reported. Consequently, the cases reported in Canada rose to 16 people so far...
 
Back
Top