• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

NZ: Swine flu death toll rises to nine

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
Three swine flu deaths in Auckland and the Waikato have lifted this year's tally of influenza fatalities to nine.

However, the rate is slower than last year where at the same time there had been 15 deaths with 11 people in intensive care.

A total of 16 people died of swine flu last year.

There are currently 14 people in intensive care units with confirmed H1N1 virus.

The Auckland District Health Board confirmed a 29-year-old man with an "underlying medical condition" died on Monday.

Waitemata District Health Boards said a 57-year-old man who also had health complications died last week.

Waikato DHB said a 53-year-old man with no known underlying health conditions died this week.

A spokeswoman declined to say what day the man died on.

Ministry of Health deputy director of public health Dr Darren Hunt said there has been a "notable increase" in the number of pre-school children being seen by GPs in the last week.

A media release said Healthline fielded over 2000 calls from people with influenza inquiries last week.

Hunt said people with flu-like symptoms should seek medical advice early.

There have been 454 hospitalisations from swine flu this year with 67 admitted to intensive care units.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/4041879/Swine-flu-death-toll-rises-to-nine
 
Back
Top