Re: Guinea - Tense atmosphere in Nz?r?kor? - Attacks on aid workers for the prevention of Ebola
Re: Guinea - Tense atmosphere in Nz?r?kor? - Attacks on aid workers for the prevention of Ebola
Translation Google
Wed September 17, 2014, 0:38 Posted By Guilana Fidel Momou The One, News, Society 0 3700
Ebola: the population of a locality N'Z?r?kor? prey on a delegation of awareness
The population of the town of Wome located more than 40 km from city N'Z?r?kor? violently attacked on Tuesday 16 September a team of outreach workers led by the prefect and the governor of the region, has-been learned .
According to a colleague reached by telephone at about 21h on Tuesday, young people of Wome have addressed the delegation at a time when it was in full awareness session. After the speech of the prefect and the governor, he testifies, young people spontaneously started throwing projectiles in the crowd, just as the sensitizing agent explained the methods of prevention against the Ebola epidemic.
"The governor, the prefect and part of the delegation had to leave right away to go places to take refuge in Gou?ck?, located 15 km from Wome. They are still there.
Elements of the police who were sent there, given the magnitude of the situation, had to call for backup. The army went as reinforcements because the gendarmes who went could not master the situation, "said our colleague.
Still according to him, journalists who accompanied the delegation took to their heels to go in the bush. "And so far, we have been able only to reach a young intern of rural radio and she told us that she was in her hiding in the bush, waiting for calm to return," he said he .
When we publish online, a first unconfirmed report by authorities review reported several damaged vehicles. We attempted to contact the authorities, in vain.
http://guineenews.org/ebola-des-pop...prennent-a-une-delegation-de-sensibilisation/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reluctance to Ebola N'z?r?kor?: populations of Wome hunt prefectural and regional authorities, forced to flee ...
Post by Guineematin the 17-7 - 2014
Until late, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014, the prefect and the governor N'z?k?rok? were missing! Parties making the people of the sub prefecture of Wome, N'z?r?kor? Prefecture, on the road to Beyla, prefectural and regional authorities have reportedly been uprooted and are volatilized in the bush, following a bloody confrontation they say ...
According to the bits of information to our ranges, it is a rumor of 'spraying' their village residents learned before tackling local authorities came to their meeting with a team of awareness against Ebola. Having conquered the duel with the bodyguards of the prefect and the governor of the region, protesters have stoned vehicles of officials who would have used the field to to run away ...
Since this bewildering disarray, it's hard to know who actually escaped the fury of these populations 'anti Ebola' and how ... "I do not have more information. For the latest news, or the prefect or governor had as yet an open phone ... "said an official at Guineematin.com RTG, reached by telephone shortly before 23 hours.
This serious misunderstanding would have led to dramatic damage that Guineematin.com can not hazard any figure without official confirmation.
We remember, there is just a few days, similar rumors had also been cases of 'spraying' market N'z?r?kor? where protests had led to a paralysis of the city in the two days that followed. But fortunately there was no loss of life.
The Ebola virus is Guinea there are more than eight months with a cumulative total of 949 cases including 601 deaths, according to WHO figures, as of Sept. 14. Unfortunately, there are still several pockets of resistance, particularly in the forest region of Guinea, the epicenter of the epidemic ...
http://guineematin.com/?p=3791
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ebolamania N'z?r?kor?: 3 journalists, the DPS, the CEO of the hospital and the director of a clinic, carried Missing Wome!
Post by Guineematin the 17-7 - 2014
Since the clashes that led to the general stampede yesterday, Tuesday, in the sub-prefecture of Wome, six people are still missing, learned Guineematin.com with our contacts N'z?r?kor?.
According to information provided to Guineematin.com from 'attack' of Wome, six (6) people are still missing! These are:
Dr. Ibrahima Fernandez Prefectural Director of Health N'z?r?kor?;
Dr. Barry, Deputy Managing Director of the hospital, Dr. Barry;
Pastor Koli? manager of a private clinic in Zao;
Facely Camara journalist N'zaly Freedom Fm;
Molou Sharif, a journalist of rural radio N'z?r?kor?
And Sidiki Sidibe journalist rural radio N'z?r?or?
A recall that it was during a mission to raise awareness against the Ebola virus a rumor on spraying a village would have unleashed the locals who have attacked the delegation.
The bodyguards of the governor and the prefect were defeated by the demonstrators, "the sensitizers" have "used" the field to save their lives ...
But, contrary to the doubts that existed on the case of local authorities, the governor and the prefect are indeed back to N'z?r?kor? city, as well as members of teams of doctors without borders and other NGOs.
http://guineematin.com/?p=3824